Mulford meets Chidambaram, discusses MumbaiDecember 22nd, 2008 - 4:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 22 (IANS) US ambassador David C. Mulford met Home Minister P. Chidambaram Monday to discuss the evidence in the Mumbai terror attacks and ways to strengthen intelligence sharing between the two countries.The meeting was convened in the minister’s office and lasted almost 40 minutes.
“The discussion mainly centred on the evidence collected by investigating agencies. They also talked about strengthening the intelligence mechanism between the two countries,” said a source in the ministry.
Official sources said the US wants to explore the measures India can adopt in the wake of the Mumbai savagery that killed over 170 people and for which New Delhi has blamed Pakistani terrorists.
Last week Interpol chief Ronald K. Noble met Chidambaram and pledged all possible international assistance in probing the Mumbai attacks.
Noble offered help in unravelling details of the terrorists killed or captured in Mumbai - including their names, fingerprints, DNA profiles and photographs - by comparing them with Interpol’s global databases and disseminate the information among member countries.
- Rehman Malik meets Interpol chief - Jan 29, 2012
- Interpol chief meets Chidambaram, offers help in Mumbai attack probe (Lead) - Dec 20, 2008
- Interpol chief meets Chidambaram, discusses Mumbai attack probe - Dec 20, 2008
- Interpol, CBI to collaborate in fighting cyber crime - Dec 16, 2011
- Interpol says seven countries link found in Mumbai attacks - Mar 08, 2009
- Terrorists using fake passports 'biggest threat' facing world: Interpol head - Jan 30, 2010
- Pakistan asks Interpol's help to find Mumbai attack fugitives - Aug 06, 2009
- Pak Interior Ministry officials' unawareness of World Cup terror plot raises questions - Mar 26, 2011
- Interpol: Global Alert High Terror Threat If Dove World Outreach Center Burns Quran! - Sep 09, 2010
- Interpol to help probe Moscow bombing - Jan 26, 2011
- India-Pakistan talks tripped by Kashmir, Balochistan (Fourth Lead) - Jul 16, 2010
- Interpol alert for 13 Mumbai attack suspects wanted by Pakistan (Lead) - Aug 06, 2009
- Pakistan shares Mumbai terrorists' DNA profiles with India? - Mar 23, 2009
- Krishna-Khar talks: Terror, 26/11 India's 'core concerns' (Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Pakistan seeks help to trace Saudi diplomat's killer - Oct 17, 2011
Tags: ambassador david, david c mulford, dna profiles, global databases, home minister, international assistance, ministry official, mumbai terror attack, pakistani terrorists, savagery, terror attacks