Mulayam’s daughter-in-law files nomination papersOctober 14th, 2009 - 5:20 pm ICT by IANS
Firozabad (Uttar Pradesh), Oct 14 (IANS) Dimple Yadav, the daughter-in-law of Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, filed her nomination papers for the by-election to Uttar Pradesh’s Firozabad parliamentary seat.
The Firozabad by-poll to be held Nov 7 has been caused by Mulayam Singh’s son Akhilesh vacating it to retain the Kannauj seat from where also he won in the April-May general elections.
As Dimple proceeded to file her nomination papers, thousands of party supporters from Agra, Aligarh, Etah and Mathura joined the procession, along with party leaders like Amar Singh.
The Congress party has fielded cine star Raj Babbar for the seat, the Bahujan Samaj Party’s (BSP) candidate is S.P. Singh Baghael and Bhanu Pratap Singh is the Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) nominee.
Raj Babbar is to file his papers Thursday. He had lost the Fatehpur Sikri seat by a narrow margin to the BSP’s Seema Upadhyaya in the April-May general elections.
- 'Kidnapped' man challenges Dimple Yadav's election to Lok Sabha - Sep 12, 2012
- Dimple Yadav to launch second political innings Tuesday - Jun 04, 2012
- Dimple files nomination, plays 'bahu' card - Jun 05, 2012
- Dimple Yadav to contest from Kannauj? - Mar 15, 2012
- Akhilesh Yadav's wife to contest Kannauj by-election (Lead) - May 26, 2012
- Dimple Yadav elected to Lok Sabha unopposed (Second Lead) - Jun 09, 2012
- Mulayam's daughter-in-law launches her political foray - Oct 04, 2009
- BSP not to contest against Dimple - Jun 06, 2012
- Kannauj Lok Sabha bypoll is slated for June 24 - May 23, 2012
- Mulayam to launch campaign for daughter-in-law Sunday - Oct 01, 2009
- Raj Babbar gets Congress ticket for Uttar Pradesh by-poll - Aug 22, 2009
- Why Dimple Yadav, ask disgruntled Samajwadi Party workers - Sep 03, 2009
- Samajwadi Party fields Mulayam's daughter-in-law in Ferozabad by-poll - Sep 02, 2009
- Dimple collects victory certificate, thanks voters - Jun 12, 2012
- Amar Singh calls for division of UP to boost development - Nov 04, 2010
Tags: aligarh, amar singh, bahujan samaj party, bhanu, bharatiya janata party, congress party, dimple, fatehpur sikri, general elections, mathura, narrow margin, nomination papers, parliamentary seat, party chief, party leaders, party supporters, pratap singh, raj babbar, seema, upadhyaya