Mulayam undergoes surgerySeptember 22nd, 2011 - 2:33 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Sep 22 (IANS) Samajwadi Party president and former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Mulayam Singh Yadav underwent surgery for a urinary ailment here, an official said Thursday.
“It was a minor surgery for urinary retention (inability to voluntarily urinate). He is perfectly fine and would soon be discharged from the emergency ward,” a doctor, who also looks after the administration at the Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, told IANS.
“He was admitted to hospital Wednesday night after he complained of severe pain in abdomen and stomach,” he added.
Yadav, 72, was rushed to hospital when he complained of pain while coming to Lucknow from his home town Etawah.
- Amar Singh's medical reports paint grim picture - Sep 14, 2011
- Mulayam Singh Yadav: the Phoenix rises again (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- Amitabh to be discharged from hospital soon - Feb 20, 2012
- My movements getting stronger, better: Big B - Mar 09, 2012
- BSP not to contest against Dimple - Jun 06, 2012
- Mulayam pulls up government over Etawah firing - Apr 02, 2012
- Sanjay Dutt wishes Big B speedy recovery - Feb 12, 2012
- Mulayam Singh Yadav: the Phoenix rises again - Mar 06, 2012
- Pakistani girl undergoes sex change operation - Dec 25, 2010
- Cricket ball-size stone removed from man's bladder (With Images) - Feb 22, 2012
- Amitabh likely to undergo another surgery? - Feb 17, 2012
- UP to provide free care to seriously ill poor - Mar 28, 2012
- Textiles Minister Dayanidhi Maran undergoes surgery - Jan 20, 2010
- Indian docs remove kidney stones from Iraqi man - Apr 05, 2011
- 24x7 power for Akhilesh, Mulayam's constituencies - Mar 22, 2012
Tags: ailment, chief minister, doctor who, emergency ward, minor surgery, pain in abdomen, party president, postgraduate institute, sanjay gandhi postgraduate institute of medical science, severe pain, stomach, urinary retention, wednesday night, yadav