Mulayam to adopt wait and watch policyMay 10th, 2009 - 6:08 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 10 (IANS) Samajwadi Party (SP) chief Mulayam Singh Yadav Sunday said his party will decide on which political combine to support only after the election results are out and reiterated that he will go with the front that promises to dismiss the Mayawati government in Uttar Pradesh.
“We will decide after (the) elections… and we would like a secular government,” Yadav said in an interview to IBN7 channel.
“I will not go with the one which will not dismiss (Mayawati government).”
Holding the Congress responsible for the deteriorating relations between the two parties, he said: “I have never treated anybody (so that) that relations (should) deteriorate. Congress party has deteriorated the relations. They kept us away and gave seats to the party which had less number of seats.”
The SP had supported the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance government after the Left parties withdrew support on the Indo-US nuclear deal. But both the parties decided to go it alone in Lok Sabha polls in Uttar Pradesh after talks for a pre-poll alliance failed.
Asked about the possibility of going with the Third Front, Mulayam said: “Right now we are not ready to go with anybody. We will wait for the results and after results we will take opinion of Samajwadi party’s Rashtriya Karyakarini Board and MPs and then decide.”
On the ongoing fight between senior party leaders Azam Khan and Amar Singh, he said the former’s behaviour has not been appropriate and “…after elections, the party will decide what is to be done”.
Yadav said that he does not have any prime ministerial ambitions. “Mulayam Singh is not a contender for (the) prime minister’s post.”
- Verma seeks post-poll ties with BSP, Congress terms it personal view (Lead) - Mar 04, 2012
- Mulayam keeps Congress guessing on presidential race (Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- BJP trying to woo Trinamool Congress back to NDA? - May 25, 2012
- Rape victims will be given government jobs: Mulayam - Jan 29, 2012
- SP not joining UPA government: Mulayam - Mar 19, 2012
- SP not joining UPA government: Mulayam (Lead) - Mar 19, 2012
- Alliance with Congress not possible, says Akhilesh - Feb 29, 2012
- Mulayam remains mum as Samajwadi Party keeps everyone guessing - Jun 15, 2012
- Not obsessed about becoming PM: Rahul (Lead) - Feb 06, 2012
- Samajwadi Party has no immediate plans for third front: Nanda - Sep 09, 2012
- SP to go it alone in Lok Sabha polls in UP: Mohan Singh - Sep 12, 2012
- Mayawati, Mulayam attend Sonia's lunch - Aug 06, 2012
- BJP on ventilator in Uttar Pradesh: Rahul Gandhi - Nov 25, 2011
- Rahul keeps up attack on Mayawati, Mulayam - Jan 31, 2012
- Mayawati quits, warns against SP's hooliganism (Third Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
Tags: alliance government, amar singh, ambitions, combine, congress party, contender, election results, indo, left parties, lok sabha polls, mps, mulayam singh yadav, New Delhi, nuclear deal, party leaders, poll alliance, prime minister, progressive alliance, Samajwadi Party, secular government