Mulayam sidelining sincere partymen, says Beni PrasadMay 4th, 2009 - 9:20 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 4 (IANS) Former Samajwadi Party (SP) leader Beni Prasad Verma, now the Congress candidate in Gonda, Monday said he would never accept SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav as a minister in a United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government.
“Under no circumstances I will tolerate Mulayam Singh Yadav becoming a minister in the UPA if it forms the government in the centre,” Verma told reporters at a press conference.
“If he (Mulayam Singh Yadav) becomes a minister in the government, I will register my protest by sitting on fast-unto-death near Rajghat,” he added.
Verma, a former loyalist of Mulayam Singh Yadav, quit the SP and floated the Samajwadi Kranti Dal on March 19, 2007.
Accusing Yadav of ignoring sincere party workers, Verma said: “I had never thought that Mulayam will sideline me and other sincere party workers like Azam Khan and Raj Babbar.”
Attacking the SP general secretary Amar Singh, Verma said Singh was with taking the party towards its “downfall”.
- Mulayam day-dreaming of becoming PM: Beni Prasad - Aug 20, 2012
- It will be Rahul vs Modi in 2014: Beni Prasad Verma - Aug 20, 2012
- SP detractors see Amar's exit as good omen for party (News Analysis) - Jan 06, 2010
- Akhilesh takes over, shunts out Mayawati loyalists (Evening Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- Elections 2012: UP poll battle begins Wednesday - Feb 06, 2012
- Rift between MPs only pre-victory pangs: Congress - Feb 08, 2012
- Verma seeks post-poll ties with BSP, Congress terms it personal view (Lead) - Mar 04, 2012
- 24x7 power for Akhilesh, Mulayam's constituencies - Mar 22, 2012
- Akhilesh's thanksgiving party, with family and party workers - Mar 25, 2012
- Presidential poll: SP to await UPA, NDA choices - Jun 09, 2012
- Mulayam sacks close Akhilesh aide in UP - Sep 10, 2012
- Congress sets out to woo SP, Mulayam in no hurry - Mar 16, 2012
- Prepare for Lok Sabha polls anytime next year: Mulayam (Second Lead) - Mar 23, 2012
- Was hurt for a while at cabinet rank denial, says Verma - Jan 27, 2011
- SP not joining UPA government: Mulayam - Mar 19, 2012
Tags: amar singh, azam khan, becoming a minister, beni, circumstances, congress candidate, downfall, general secretary, gonda, lucknow, march 19, mulayam singh yadav, prasad, progressive alliance, protest, raj babbar, rajghat, Samajwadi Party, sideline, UPA