Mulayam fast tracks preparations for LS pollsJuly 10th, 2012 - 2:52 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 10 (IANS) The ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) in Uttar Pradesh Tuesday decided to fast-track its preparations for the Lok Sabha 2014 polls and appointed 58 observers for the 58 parliamentary constituencies it was defeated in the last general elections.
At a meeting held under the chairmanship of the party’s national president Mulayam Singh Yadav, the party leadership also decided that no ministers of the state government and legislators would be allowed to contest the Lok Sabha polls.
At a two-hour-long meeting, the party also asked the newly-appointed observers to travel to the constituencies, talk to people, cadres and the local leadership to gauge the mind of the electorate and deliberate on local issues before submitting a detailed report to the national leadership by July 30. The party decided that a call would be taken on the 22 seats it holds presently, later.
Insiders in the party told IANS that Mulayam asked his party men to be prepared for the LS polls “anytime in 2013″ and gave them a target of 50 seats. He also asked the leaders to fan out in the constituencies and try to tell them what all the government had done for them in the last three months’ tenure of Akhilesh Yadav.
Yadav senior, an office bearer of the SP informed, was “a little miffed at the failure of the party cadres to take to the masses the good work of the state government.”
- Be prepared for LS polls 'anytime in 2013', Mulayam to party (Lead) - Jul 10, 2012
- Samajwadi Party's next goal: Mulayam as PM - May 23, 2012
- Akhilesh asks party's youth to work for Lok Sabha win - Aug 07, 2012
- Mulayam day-dreaming of becoming PM: Beni Prasad - Aug 20, 2012
- Mayawati fast-tracks preparations for Lok Sabha polls - Apr 03, 2012
- Third Front after Lok Sabha polls: Mulayam - Sep 13, 2012
- Mulayam keeps Congress guessing on presidential race (Lead) - Jun 11, 2012
- Dimple Yadav to launch second political innings Tuesday - Jun 04, 2012
- Presidential polls dead issue, Mamata my younger sister: Mulayam - Sep 13, 2012
- Akhilesh Yadav: From football, movies to crown of UP politics (Profile) - Mar 10, 2012
- BSP not to contest against Dimple - Jun 06, 2012
- SP cadre not in favour of bailing out Congress - Sep 20, 2012
- Mulayam says Third front after polls, admits PM ambitions (Roundup) - Sep 13, 2012
- Congress could be eyeing SP as alternative ally (News Analysis) - Jan 04, 2012
- Mulayam calls for UP shutdown over petrol price hike - May 26, 2012
Tags: cadres, chairmanship, electorate, general elections, insiders, legislators, local issues, lok sabha polls, mulayam singh, national leadership, national president, observers, office bearer, parliamentary constituencies, party leadership, party men, state government, target, three months, uttar pradesh