Mulayam endorses Ramdev campaign on black moneyJune 12th, 2012 - 1:52 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 12 (IANS) Samajwadi Party (SP) chief Mulayam Singh Yadav Tuesday said he backed yoga guru Ramdev’s campaign to bring back black money stashed in foreign banks.
Ramdev, who has been lobbying for support for his campaign and has met a series of political leaders, Tuesday called on Mulayam Singh at his residence.
“We are with baba in his fight against black money,” Mulayam Singh told reporters.
Over the last few days, Ramdev has met Telugu Desam Party (TDP) chief N. Chandrababu Naidu, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Nitin Gadkari, Nationalist Congress Party’s Sharad Pawar and Rashtriya Lok Dal’s Ajit Singh.
“I am meeting Orissa Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik tomorrow (Wednesday). I will also be meeting West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J. Jayalalithaa and Bahujan Samaj Party chief Mayawati in the coming weeks,” said Ramdev, who is planning an agitation against black money and corruption on Aug 9.
Vowing to meet village council representatives to build consensus on the issue, Ramdev said he had also sought a meeting with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress chief Sonia Gandhi.
Attacking the union government, Ramdev said that in the last one year he had received over 60 notices on income tax and service tax and from the enforcement directorate.
“The government is trying to tarnish our image by coming up with false allegations against us every other day. I have written to the prime minister some 10 months ago that if there is any doubt about my organisation, then he can order a special investigation but there has been no response,” he said.
- Ramdev in Odisha to seek Patnaik's support - Jun 13, 2012
- PM is a 'witness' in corruption cases, says TDP chief - Jun 02, 2011
- BJP backs Ramdev's movement - Jun 04, 2012
- Parties back black money issue inside, outside parliament (Second Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- Ramdev's parliament march thwarted, gains wide political support (Roundup) - Aug 13, 2012
- Ramdev's parliament march thwarted, gains wide political support (Intro Roundup) - Aug 13, 2012
- Ramdev's parliament march thwarted, gains wide political support (Second Intro Roundup) - Aug 14, 2012
- Manmohan always under pressure, can't even smile, says Ramdev - Jun 11, 2012
- After NCP, RLD supports Ramdev on black money - Jun 07, 2012
- NDA leaders call on Ramdev (Lead) - Aug 13, 2012
- India needs non-UPA, non-NDA front: Patnaik - Feb 15, 2012
- BJP slams Congress on black money - Jun 02, 2011
- Counter terror body: Naveen Patnaik intensifies attack on government - Feb 17, 2012
- BJP doesn't expect political support from Ramdev: Gadkari - Aug 13, 2012
- Ramdev firm on fast; PM, Sonia favour more talks (Intro Roundup) - Jun 03, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,