Mukherjee resigns from cabinetJune 26th, 2012 - 6:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 26 (IANS) Pranab Mukherjee Tuesday resigned as the finance minister to contest the July 19 presidential election as the candidate of the ruling United Progressive Alliance.
“I am leaving behind my life as a political activist spanning over four decades,” Mukherjee told reporters after submitting his resignation.
“I know that not every decision which I have taken might have been right but I have taken those decision keeping in view the interests of the people,” he added.
- Mukherjee steps down as finance minister (Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- Pranab resigns, PM keeps finance ministry (Third Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- Pranab resigns, PM may keep finance ministry (Second Lead) - Jun 26, 2012
- Jethmalani may join presidential race - Jun 16, 2012
- Can't forge signature, says Pranab; Team Sangma to move court (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Pranab appeals to undecided parties to support him (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Sangma to decide Thursday on petition against Mukherjee - Jul 05, 2012
- Presidential polls: Trinamool, Samajwadi Party keep suspense on (Roundup) - Jun 11, 2012
- Pranab tries to woo Trinamool, to resign Sunday - Jun 23, 2012
- Can't forge signature, says Pranab; Team Sangma to move court (Second Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- My father most suitable candidate for president's post: Abhijit Mukherjee - Jun 15, 2012
- Pranab gets nostalgic - Jul 09, 2012
- BJP backs Sangma for presidential election (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Presidential poll: Mamata meets Sonia as Congress seeks UPA consensus (Lead) - May 03, 2012
- Trinamool to vote for Pranab Mukherjee (Second Lead) - Jul 17, 2012