Mukherjee has majority support in northeastJuly 7th, 2012 - 7:48 pm ICT by IANS
Agartala, July 7 (IANS) UPA presidential candidate Pranab Mukherjee has won the support of all key regional parties in the northeast, Congress leader Luizinho Faleiro said here.
Of the eight northeastern states, Assam, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh and Manipur are ruled by the Congress.
The CPI-M rules Tripura, the Naga Peoples Front (NPF)-led Democratic Alliance of Nagaland (DAN) governs Nagaland while the Sikkim Democratic Front (SDF) is in power in Sikkim.
Faleiro, who is accompanying Mukherjee in his election campaign, told reporters: “(Mukherjee) met most Congress chief ministers, senior party leaders and leaders of the important regional parties.”
- Northeast's lawmakers vote in presidential poll - Jul 19, 2012
- Security, corruption issues in coming northeast polls: Congress - Apr 30, 2012
- Pranab will out-do Sangma in northeast: Congress - Jul 19, 2012
- Rahul to visit northeast next week - Nov 03, 2011
- In Meghalaya, Sangma's chances are the talking point (With Images) (Meghalaya Newsletter) - Jul 20, 2012
- Poll panel begins groundwork for polls in five states - Sep 04, 2012
- Rahul Gandhi to kick start poll campaign in Tripura - Oct 17, 2011
- Northeast issues: Forum to draw national attention - Feb 08, 2011
- Three northeastearn states soon to have high courts - May 12, 2012
- Indian states and their ruling parties - May 13, 2011
- Congress legislators revolt against party chiefs in Tripura, Nagaland - Jan 04, 2010
- Life in Tripura crippled as Left, Congress call shut-down - Jul 13, 2011
- Tripura's Left government has to be voted out: Rahul - Nov 10, 2011
- Peace vital for development of Nagaland: Rahul - Nov 09, 2011
- Northeast parties forge alliance for peace, progress - Feb 21, 2011
Tags: agartala, arunachal pradesh, assam, chief ministers, congress chief, congress leader, democratic alliance, democratic front, election campaign, majority support, manipur, meghalaya, mizoram, nagaland, northeastern states, party leaders, pranab mukherjee, presidential candidate, regional parties, sdf