Mubarak suffers heart attack: LawyerJune 20th, 2012 - 4:09 am ICT by IANS
Cairo, June 20 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Ex-Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak has been transferred from his prison cell outside Cairo where he is serving a life sentence to a military hospital after sufferring a heart attack, his lawyer said Tuesday.
Mubarak’s health took a sharp turn for the worst when he suffered a heart attack Tuesday. Mubarak, 84, was hospitalized with his first heart failure June 2 after he received his sentence for ordering the killing of protesters in the spring of 2011.
“I thank Egypt’s Armed Forces for transferring (Mubarak). Mubarak is military, therefore he was transferred to a military hospital near Maadi,” his lawyer Farid ad-Dib said.
The military hospital in Maadi has so far not confirmed that Mubarak was transferred there. According to some Egyptian media reports, Mubarak has fallen into a coma. Other sources say Mubarak had to be resuscitated in prison after his heart attack.
- Mubarak's supporters call for his release - Jun 12, 2012
- Egypt's ousted leader Mubarak in 'very critical' condition, not dead - Jun 20, 2012
- Mubarak to be transferred to Cairo for trial - Aug 03, 2011
- Hosni Mubarak facing stroke risk : official - Jun 10, 2012
- Mubarak to apologise to Egyptian people: Paper - May 17, 2011
- Mubarak may be transferred to prison hospital - May 26, 2011
- 'Mount indefinite protests over lenient Mubarak sentence' - Jun 03, 2012
- Mubarak aide gets seven years in prison - May 28, 2012
- Mubarak in coma but not clinically dead (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- Mubarak's wife attempted suicide over corruption charges - Feb 08, 2012
- Egypt extends detention of Mubarak's sons for 15 days - Apr 27, 2011
- Mubarak's health remains serious - Jun 08, 2012
- Mubarak's health deteriorates in prison - Jun 06, 2012
- Mubarak faking bad health in court: Report - May 15, 2012
- Hundreds of Mubarak supporters gather in Cairo - Apr 26, 2011
Tags: armed forces, cairo, egypt, egyptian media, egyptian president hosni mubarak, Health Science, heart attack, heart failure, hosni mubarak, lawyer, life sentence, military hospital, president hosni mubarak, prison cell, protesters, resuscitated, ria novosti, sharp turn, snb