Mubarak may be transferred to prison hospitalMay 26th, 2011 - 11:40 am ICT by IANS
Cairo, May 26 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Ailing Egyptian former president Hosni Mubarak may be transferred from a hospital in the Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh to a prison hospital Friday, the al-Gomhuria newspaper reported.
Egypt’s public prosecutor had ordered in late April the transfer of Mubarak to the hospital in Torah prison, ahead of questioning over corruption and abuse allegations.
Mubarak, 82, is being probed over the death of hundreds of protesters during the 18-day uprising that forced him to step down in February.
He is also under scrutiny for alleged abuse of power during his 30-year rule.
- Egypt extends detention of Mubarak's sons for 15 days - Apr 27, 2011
- Hosni Mubarak to be moved to prison hospital - Apr 25, 2011
- Mubarak's daughters-in-law banned from leaving Egypt - Jun 17, 2011
- Mubarak to be transferred to Cairo for trial - Aug 03, 2011
- Egyptians want public trial for Mubarak - Apr 15, 2011
- Hosni Mubarak is gravely ill: Report - Feb 14, 2011
- Mubarak to apologise to Egyptian people: Paper - May 17, 2011
- Hundreds of Mubarak supporters gather in Cairo - Apr 26, 2011
- Former Egyptian president Mubarak hospitalised - Apr 13, 2011
- Mubarak's health stable after unconsciousness - May 28, 2011
- Mubarak's wife detained in corruption probe - May 14, 2011
- Mubarak aide gets seven years in prison - May 28, 2012
- Hosni Mubarak having cancer treatment in Saudi: Paper - Mar 02, 2011
- Is Mubarak still in Sharm el-Sheikh? - Apr 17, 2011
- Prosecutors quiz Mubarak, wife - May 12, 2011
Tags: abuse allegations, abuse of power, al gomhuria newspaper, cairo, corruption, egypt, el sheikh, former president, hosni mubarak, president hosni mubarak, prison hospital, protesters, public prosecutor, red sea resort, ria novosti, scrutiny, torah, uprising