Muammar Gaddafi buried at secret location in desertOctober 25th, 2011 - 4:21 pm ICT by IANS
Tripoli, Oct 25 (IANS) Former Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi was buried early Tuesday morning at a secret location in the desert, Al-Jazeera reported, quoting an official of the ruling Libyan National Transitional Council (NTC).
It was not be immediately known whether the body of Gaddafi’s son Mutassim was also interred together with that of his father, Xinhua reported.
Gaddafi and Mutassim’s corpses had been kept in a cold storage in Libya’s Misrata city for public display.
Gaddafi, who ruled Libya for 42 years, was killed Oct 20 by National Transitional Council (NTC) fighters near his hometown of Sirte.
- Gaddafi was shot in the head: Autopsy - Oct 23, 2011
- Finally, a hunted Gaddafi bleeds to death - Oct 20, 2011
- NTC seeks Gaddafi family's extradition - Oct 21, 2011
- Gaddafi scavenged for food in his final days - Nov 08, 2011
- Libyan NTC member doubts Gaddafi death account - Oct 23, 2011
- Gaddafi's son vows to avenge father's death - Oct 23, 2011
- Gaddafi's fugitive son says he is innocent - Oct 29, 2011
- Gaddafi's family to sue NATO - Oct 26, 2011
- Libya to form interim government in 8 months - Oct 22, 2011
- Libya exhibits Gaddafi's belongings - Oct 25, 2011
- Gaddafi's son Saif captured - Nov 19, 2011
- Gaddafi's son Seif al-Islam held: Report - Oct 21, 2011
- Gaddafi killing smacks of war crime: Prosecutor - Dec 16, 2011
- Gaddafi masks sell like hot cakes on Halloween - Oct 30, 2011
- Libyan rebels to move headquarters to Tripoli - Aug 24, 2011
Tags: al jazeera, cold storage, corpses, desert, early tuesday, hometown, libya, libyan leader muammar, libyan leader muammar gaddafi, muammar gaddafi, national transitional council, secret location, tripoli, tuesday morning, xinhua