MTV Roadies’ anchors chased out of Pune by ABVPApril 22nd, 2011 - 11:50 pm ICT by IANS
Pune, April 22 (IANS) Three anchors of an MTV reality show had their faces blackened by activists of the Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) and were chased out of Pune for using foul language on national television, party officials said here Friday.
“We blackened the faces of MTV Roadies anchors Raghu Ram, Rajeev Lakshman and Ranvijay Singh and told them not to set foot in the cultural city of Pune,” said Shailendra Dalvi, Pune secretary of the ABVP - the student wing of the Rashtriya Swayamsewak Sangh (RSS).
“They use extremely obscene language on national television. This is completely unacceptable and hence we were driven to take this step,” he added
MTV refused to comment on the issue. The anchors were in the city for a promotional rally and were driving through the city when their vehicle was stopped by the ABVP activists.
- ABVP to protest against corruption July 27 - Jul 22, 2011
- EU delegation attends hearing of Binayak Sen's bail plea - Jan 24, 2011
- Students protest Delhi college's high cut-off - Jun 18, 2011
- ABVP activists baton-charged - Aug 09, 2011
- DUSU polls end, results on Saturday (Lead) - Sep 14, 2012
- Chhattisgarh medical exam cancelled, 78 held for paper leak - Jun 19, 2011
- ABVP slams Chidambaram for defending Ramdev crackdown - Jun 09, 2011
- Muslims preach RSS values in Lucknow - Feb 09, 2011
- Daily soaps? No way, says Ranvijay - Jul 18, 2012
- 'Roadies 9' more expensive than previous shows: Rajiv - Mar 15, 2012
- Protestors try to stop Arundhati at meet - Nov 21, 2010
- I support Anna Hazare: Achuthanandan - Aug 16, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh college teacher roughed up by students dies - Mar 12, 2011
- Delhi University all set for polls Friday - Sep 13, 2012
- Join politics to cleanse it, Rahul tells students (Roundup) - Jan 10, 2011