MPs pay tribute to Neelam Sanjiva ReddyMay 19th, 2012 - 4:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 19 (IANS) Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and other parliamentarians Saturday paid homage to former president Neelam Sanjiva Reddy on his 98th birth anniversary.
Finance Minister and leader of the Lok Sabha Pranab Mukherjee and Bharatiya Janata Party parliamentary party chairman L.K. Advani also paid floral tributes to Reddy in parliament.
To mark the occasion, the Lok Sabha Secretariat handed over a booklet on Reddy to the members.
Reddy was a member of the Madras Legislative Assembly, Constituent Assembly of India and the Rajya Sabha. He also served as Andhra Pradesh chief minister and a central minister.
Reddy was elected to the fourth Lok Sabha from Hindupur constituency in Andhra Pradesh. He was the Lok Sabha speaker twice — from 1967-69 and in 1977.
He became the president in July 1977.
Reddy passed away in 1996 at the age of 83.
- Dadabhai Naoroji remembered on his 185th birth anniversary - Sep 04, 2010
- Parliamentarians pay homage to first president of India - Dec 03, 2009
- Andhra minister, MP spar over Secunderabad parliamentary seat - Feb 29, 2012
- Stage set for Tuesday's by-polls in Andhra Pradesh - Jun 11, 2012
- Parliament remembers Tagore - May 08, 2012
- Presidents of India - Jul 22, 2012
- NDA to wait and watch: Advani (Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- Prime Minister pays tribute to Sardar Patel on 135th birth anniversary - Oct 31, 2010
- Advani compares 2012 presidential poll to 1969 - Jun 15, 2012
- YSR Congress Party wins Nellore Lok Sabha, 14 assembly seats (Third Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- Congress MP forecasts Jagan party's sweep - Jun 12, 2012
- PM leads nation in paying floral tribute to Nehru - Nov 14, 2009
- YSR Congress leads the Andhra by-elections - Jun 15, 2012
- Parliamentarians pay floral tributes to Netaji - Jan 23, 2009
- Two Congress lawmakers in Andhra quit, side with Jagan - Jun 04, 2012
Tags: bharatiya janata party, birth anniversary, chief minister, constituency, constituent assembly of india, finance minister, floral tributes, l k advani, legislative assembly, lok sabha secretariat, manmohan, manmohan singh, parliamentarians, parliamentary party, party chairman, pranab mukherjee, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, rajya sabha, sanjiva