‘Molestation played out to shake Tarun Gogoi government’July 17th, 2012 - 10:50 pm ICT by IANS
Guwahati, July 17 (IANS) Assam farmers’ leader Akhil Gogoi Tuesday claimed the molestation case here last week which shocked the nation was an “orchestrated game plan to destabilise” the Tarun Gogoi government in the state.
“The News Live journalist Gaurav Jyoti Neog is the director of the whole episode and Amarjyoti Kalita, who had been termed as main culprit, is actually the hero of the incident. The whole molestation episode is directed by Neog to create anarchism and lawlessness in the state,” he alleged.
“The incident requires further thinking on the larger issue, involving media, political class and fallout of political crimes,” said Gogoi, also a prominent Right to Information (RTI) activist in the state.
- Ex-news channel journalist arrested in Guwahati molestation case (Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- TV journalist held for Guwahati molestation case (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Molestation row: Gogoi asks channel to clarify stand - Jul 19, 2012
- Molestation case: Police nabs two more - Jul 15, 2012
- No further arrests yet in Assam girl molestation case - Jul 14, 2012
- Assam molestation: Channel editor says he'll quit (Lead) - Jul 17, 2012
- Guwahati molester surrenders in Varanasi, Assam police to leave for UP (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Assam molestation case: Gogoi hopeful of early arrest of culprits - Jul 16, 2012
- Questions raised over media's role in Guwahati molestation - Jul 15, 2012
- Guwahati molestation prime accused being brought back to Assam - Jul 24, 2012
- Guwahati molestation: Assam police yet to visit Odisha - Jul 16, 2012
- Assam molestation: Channel editor says he'll quit - Jul 17, 2012
- Gogoi assures help to molestation victim, issue rocks assembly (Roundup) - Jul 17, 2012
- NCW chairperson meets Gogoi on molestation case (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Guwahati molestation prime accused surrenders in Varanasi - Jul 23, 2012