Moily meets Jagan a day ahead of his ‘yatra’September 2nd, 2010 - 8:16 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, Sep 2 (IANS) Union Minister and Congress general secretary M. Veerappa Moily Thursday met party MP Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy, a day before he is scheduled to resume his controversial ‘odarpu yatra’ in defiance of the party leadership.
Moily met Jagan at Idupulapaya in Kadapa district after paying tributes to the late chief minister Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy at his grave on his first death anniversary. Jagan is YSR’s son.
Moily, who is in-charge of party affairs in Andhra Pradesh, was accompanied by K.V.P. Ramchandra Rao, Rajya Sabha member and a close friend of the late leader.
Moily is understood to have advised Jagan to drop his ‘odarpu yatra’, which he is scheduled to resume in Prakasam district Friday.
Moily informed the Kadapa MP that the Congress leadership has already taken a decision to provide financial assistance to the families of those who died of shock following YSR’s death and hence there was no need to again take out the yatra to console the bereaved.
However, sources close to Jagan said he would go ahead with the third leg of his planned yatra, aimed at consoling the families of those who died of shock after YSR’s death in a copter crash.
The Congress leadership is opposed to Jagan undertaking the tour as it is being seen as an attempt by the young leader to mobilise support to challenge the Rosaiah government.
- Defiant Jagan to go ahead with yatra from Monday - Aug 22, 2010
- YSR's son defies Congress leadership, resumes his yatra - Aug 23, 2010
- Don't attend Jagan's yatra, Congress tells legislators - Aug 19, 2010
- Tributes paid to YSR on second death anniversary - Sep 02, 2011
- Ex-Congressman Jaganmohan Reddy to unveil new party flag today - Mar 12, 2011
- Jagan's mother continues protest against son's arrest - May 28, 2012
- Jagan's mother hits out at Sonia Gandhi for arrest - May 27, 2012
- Jagan discusses strategy with loyalists as some drift away - Nov 26, 2010
- Jagan's meteoric rise in wealth and popularity (Profile) - May 27, 2012
- Jagan proves he is real successor of YSR's legacy - May 13, 2011
- Banking on YSR legacy, Jagan emerges a key force (Andhra Pradesh Newsletter) - Jun 16, 2012
- Defying party leadership, Jagan leaves for 'yatra' (Lead) - Jul 07, 2010
- YSR's son resumes yatra, attracts huge crowds - Jul 08, 2010
- Congress changes stand on Jagan's 'yatra' - Jul 06, 2010
- Congress plays down Jagan's decision to resume yatra - Jul 07, 2010
Tags: bereaved, chief minister, congress leadership, copter crash, death anniversary, defiance, general secretary, jagan, late leader, party affairs, party leadership, rajya sabha member, ramchandra, rao, third leg, union minister, veerappa, yatra, young leader, ysr