Moily: Is Modi confident of regaining power in Gujarat?July 24th, 2012 - 5:03 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 24 (IANS) Reacting to Gujarat Chief Minister Naredra Modi’s assertion that the NDA would come to power after the next Lok Sabha polls, union Minister for Corporate Affairs Veerappa Moily Tuesday asked the BJP leader whether he was confident of returning to power in his own state.
“First of all, let him say whether he is confident of coming back to power in Gujarat? Forget about NDA (National Democratic Alliance),” Moily remarked before reporters on the sidelines of a programme at the Bengal Chamber of Commerce here.
Speaking to the media in Tokyo Monday, Modi said while the Lok Sabha polls could take place earlier than scheduled, he was confident that the Bharatiya Janata Party-led NDA “would come into power.”
The assembly elections are slated to be held in Gujarat in December this year, while the Lok Sabha elections are due only in 2014.
Moily replied in the negative when asked whether the clashes at the Maruti Suzuki’s Manesar plant in Haryana had dented industry confidence.
“Maruti has already said that it would not shift its plant from Manesar. This means that the industry confidence is not hurt.”
Passenger car major Maruti Suzuki has declared an indefinite lockout at its Manesar plant following violent clashes and arson last Wednesday that claimed the life of a senior executive and left injured nearly two dozen management and supervisory staff.
Workers are alleged to have beaten up top executives and set the factory on fire, locking up the factory gates.
- Maruti not to abandon Manesar plant, says Bhargava (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Modi to visit Japan, meet Suzuki officials (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Maruti announces indefinite lockout at Manesar plant - Jul 21, 2012
- Maruti may opt for CISF cover for Manesar plant - Jul 23, 2012
- Trade unions demand end of Maruti lockout, CBI probe - Aug 04, 2012
- Manesar violence blow to Maruti, may hit Japanese investment - Jul 20, 2012
- Maruti management thanks locals for support - Aug 16, 2012
- Maruti Suzuki to resume operations at Manesar soon - Aug 14, 2012
- Cleaning exercise begins at Maruti factory - Jul 21, 2012
- Maruti to decide on restarting Manesar plant - Aug 12, 2012
- Maruti to restart Manesar plant next week - Aug 16, 2012
- Maruti's Manesar plant incident was a criminal act: Suzuki - Aug 23, 2012
- Labour pains for Haryana government (Haryana Newsletter) - Jul 27, 2012
- Suzuki plants get police cover, workers slam move - Jul 20, 2012
- Trade unions to march in support of Maruti workers - Aug 16, 2012
Tags: arson, assembly elections, bharatiya janata party, bjp leader, chief minister, corporate affairs, factory gates, gujarat, lok sabha elections, lok sabha polls, manesar, maruti suzuki, national democratic alliance, nda, passenger car, staff workers, supervisory staff, top executives, union minister, violent clashes