Mohan Bhagawat is new RSS chiefMarch 21st, 2009 - 2:47 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 21 (IANS) Mohan Bhagawat was Saturday named the new chief of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS).
He replaces K.S. Sudarshan, who announced his retirement at the annual general meeting of RSS in Nagpur, RSS spokesman Ram Madhav told IANS over telephone.
“Mohan Bhagawat has taken over as the RSS chief,” Ram Madhav said.
- RSS justifies chief's statement on PM candidate (Lead, superseding previous story) - Jun 20, 2012
- RSS, BJP deny differences on Advani yatra - Sep 21, 2011
- RSS justifies chief's statement on prime ministerial candidate (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- K.S. Sudarshan traced near his residence (Lead) - Aug 03, 2012
- Advani hints he may not be PM candidate in 2014 - Sep 21, 2011
- K.S. Sudarshan traced after missing for five hours - Aug 03, 2012
- Mohan Bhagwat is new RSS chief, Sudarshan quits (Lead, Chanding dateline) - Mar 21, 2009
- RSS expresses regret over Sudarshan's remarks; Congressmen hold protests (Roundup) - Nov 12, 2010
- Congress criticises former RSS chief over anti-Sonia remarks (Lead) - Nov 12, 2010
- Madhya Pradesh Congress protests Sudarshan's remarks - Nov 12, 2010
- RSS is capable of changing along with time: Mohan Bhagawat - Mar 22, 2009
- Rahul, Rakhi, Sudarshan - all dragged to Madhya Pradesh courts - Nov 18, 2010
- RSS extends support to Hazare - Apr 08, 2011
- Over 250 Congress leaders held in Chhattisgarh - Nov 12, 2010
- Gadkari used Sudarshan as proxy to attack Sonia: Congress MP - Nov 12, 2010