Modi slams government’s anti-terror approachJuly 16th, 2011 - 9:40 pm ICT by IANS
Gandhinagar, July 16 (IANS) Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi of the Bharatiya Janata Party Saturday took the Congress-led central government to task for its “weak-kneed approach” in dealing with terror.
Speaking at a function at Sardar Patel University in Anand district, Modi said that had Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, the first home minister of independent India, been alive today innocent people would not have lost their lives and terrorists would have been hanged by now.
“People of this country want the terrorists to be handled with a strong hand. Human rights can not be brought into play for demons like terrorists as they are not fit to be called humans,” he said.
“The central government is quite enthusiastic in bringing in a law for communal violence but has no time to root out terrorism,” he said.
“Countries across the world, including America, have enacted tough laws giving a strong fight to terrorism, but India is being repeatedly bombed. This is the time when people of India should take upon the challenge of uprooting terrorism,” said Modi.
- Modi's Patel statue announcement leads to controversy - Oct 08, 2010
- Three-day meditation in Gujarat before Delhi agitation: Ramdev - Aug 05, 2012
- Seize initiative against terrorists, Modi urges PM - May 03, 2011
- Keshubhai Patel quits BJP, may float new party - Aug 04, 2012
- Prime Minister pays tribute to Sardar Patel on 135th birth anniversary - Oct 31, 2010
- Sardar Patel remembered on 135th birth anniversary - Oct 31, 2010
- Gujarat HC revokes ban on Jaswant Singh's book - Sep 04, 2009
- Sardar Patel would have liberated Pakistani Kashmir: Chouhan - Nov 01, 2011
- Is BJP resurrecting Keshubhai to take on Modi? (Gujarat Newsletter) - May 19, 2012
- All Indian police communalised, says Bhushan - Feb 27, 2012
- Gujarat civic, panchayat polls to set tone for 2012 assembly clash - Oct 09, 2010
- 31 detonators seized in Gujarat - Aug 05, 2011
- Centre patronising anti-Gujarat NGOs: Modi - Aug 15, 2010
- Modi's fast: BJP top brass to attend; Modi condemns communalism - Sep 17, 2011
- Bangladesh groups protest move to hand over land to India - Jun 09, 2011
Tags: anand, bharatiya janata party, central government, chief minister, communal violence, congress, demons, gujarat, home minister, human rights, independent india, narendra modi, sardar patel university, sardar vallabhbhai patel, slams, strong hand, terror, terrorism, terrorists