Modi praises Bihar government, does not mention NitishJune 13th, 2010 - 7:40 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, June 13 (IANS) Bharatiya Janata Party leader and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi Sunday praised the Bihar government for the state’s development but did not mention Chief Minister Nitish Kumar following the row over an advertisment in local Hindi dailies that featured both of them.
In his speech on the closing day of the BJP’s national executive meet here, Modi said: “Bihar has progressed a lot and it took five years for the present government in Bihar to revoke the damages caused by the previous government. I congratulate the people of Bihar.”
The advertisement, published Saturday in the name of dozens of people of Bihar who are now settled in Gujarat, projected Modi as a close friend of Nitish Kumar and highlighted the Gujarat government’s generous help after the 2008 Kosi floods in Bihar.
An upset Nitish Kumar Saturday cancelled a dinner he was to host for BJP top leaders, who were in Patna to attend the two-day meeting of the party’s national executive. He also threatened legal action against the agency that released the advertisement for using his photograph without his permission.
Nitish Kumar’s Janata Dal-United heads the Bihar government in alliance with the BJP being the junior partner in the National Democratic Alliance (NDA). Both parties are preparing for assembly polls in the state later this year.
- Modi praises Bihar government, ignores Nitish (Lead) - Jun 13, 2010
- Few takers for Sushil Modi's claim that Nitish PM material - Sep 03, 2012
- Advertisement row over, old ties with BJP: Sharad Yadav - Jun 13, 2010
- Nobody has right to give fatwa on secularism: BJP - Jun 20, 2012
- Bihar Police team sent to Gujarat to probe ad issue - Jun 22, 2010
- Angry Nitish returns flood relief money to Gujarat - Jun 19, 2010
- Nitish Kumar irate over photo with Modi in ad - Jun 12, 2010
- Nitish should snap ties with BJP: growing murmurs in JD-U - Jun 13, 2010
- Raid at ad office which drew Bihar chief minister's ire - Jun 13, 2010
- Bihar returns Gujarat's donation for Kosi flood relief - Jun 19, 2010
- Nitish threatens legal action over photo with Modi, cancels dinner (Second Lead) - Jun 12, 2010
- 'Congress will benefit as people will punish JD-U, BJP' - Jun 21, 2010
- Sushil Kumar Modi stays away from Nitish's people's march - Jun 20, 2010
- Nitish threatens legal action over photo in Modi ad (Lead) - Jun 12, 2010
- Another JD-U leader calls for snapping ties with BJP - Sep 18, 2010
Tags: advertisement, advertisment, assembly polls, bharatiya janata party, bihar government, bjp, chief minister, dailies, damages, dozens, floods, gujarat government, junior partner, narendra modi, national democratic alliance, national executive, nitish kumar, party leader, photograph, present government