Modi now terms Congress party a ‘gudiya’April 12th, 2009 - 3:52 pm ICT by IANS
Shrawasti (Uttar Pradesh), April 12 (IANS) After taunting the Congress party with his “budhiya” (aged woman) comments, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi Sunday termed the 125-year-old national party a “gudiya” (doll).
Addressing a poll rally in this Uttar Pradesh district, Modi said: “Ab mein Congress ko budhiya nahin, gudiya kahoonga (Now I will refer to the Congress not as an aged woman, but a doll).
Modi’s “budhiya” comments had evoked sharp criticism from the Congress party, which said he should apologise to women and the elderly. Modi had likened the Congress to an aged women and said it was a burden on the country.
Taking up cudgels on behalf of the Congress, Priyanka Gandhi, the 37-year-old daughter of party president Sonia Gandhi, had also asked Modi Saturday whether she looked old.
Shrawasti is 300 km from Lucknow.
- Modi calls Congress 'gudiya'; has lost his balance, says Congress (Lead) - Apr 12, 2009
- Priyanka dubs Modi's 'budhiya-gudiya' remarks ridiculous (Roundup) - Apr 12, 2009
- Priyanka Gandhi wants to be remembered when she turns 'budhiya' (Lead) - Apr 14, 2009
- Priyanka compares Manmohan Singh with Mahatma Gandhi - Apr 14, 2009
- Modi, Advani have misconceptions about their age: Priyanka - Apr 13, 2009
- Divide in NDA on Modi: Congress - Sep 20, 2011
- Modi slams Congress for questioning Lord Rama's existence - Apr 12, 2009
- 70 IAS officials transferred in Uttar Pradesh - Apr 13, 2012
- Congress is not old, Priyanka's retort to Modi's 'budhia' remark - Apr 11, 2009
- Defamation complaint against Rahul Gandhi - Nov 15, 2011
- Rahul to evoke Nehru for reviving Congress in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 13, 2011
- Mayawati responsible for plight of women in UP: Rahul - Feb 12, 2012
- Rahul Gandhi is an Amul baby: Achuthanandan - Apr 10, 2011
- Lines of cynicism and creativity by Anna fans - Aug 23, 2011
- Modi should apologise for 'budhiya' remarks: Congress - Apr 11, 2009