Modi meets Advani, VajpayeeJune 1st, 2012 - 11:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 1 (IANS) With divisions evident among the top ranks of the Bharatiya Janata Party, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi met senior party leader L. K. Advani on Friday.
Modi, in Delhi for a meeting at the Planning Commission, first met ailing former prime minister A. B. Vajpayee, and then proceeded to meet Advani.
Advani has recently been in the eye of a storm within the BJP as he first missed a party rally in Mumbai and then posted an indirect attack on party president Nitin Gadkari on his blog.
Modi has also had differences with Gadkari, which appear to have been resolved after his rival Sanjay Joshi recently resigned from the party’s national executive.
Advani and Modi shared a good equation, until Modi began to be projected as a prime ministerial candidate. The divide between the two was highlighted when Advani chose Bihar to start his recent nationwide anti-corruption journey. His rath yatra for a Ram temple at Ayodhya was launched from Somnath in Gujarat in September 1990.
- Vajpayee, Modi among BJP's star campaigners - Jan 09, 2012
- Despite yatra, Advani is no Vajpayee (Comment) - Nov 26, 2011
- Sanjay Joshi, Modi's foe, quits BJP (Second Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Advani's 'yatra' not for PM's post: Gadkari - Sep 29, 2011
- BJP bows to Modi, Joshi quits party (Roundup) - Jun 08, 2012
- Judicial delays to blame for failure to resolve Ayodhya dispute: BJP - Sep 24, 2010
- BJP: A divided house despite patch-up moves - May 26, 2012
- Joshi quits BJP national executive, Modi to attend meeting (Second Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Modi may skip BJP national meet - Sep 29, 2011
- Modi wins, Joshi quits, BJP downplays conflict (Fourth Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Joshi vs Modi: no clear winner in tangled BJP web (Comment) - Jun 09, 2012
- Modi needs to review style of working: RSS mouthpiece (Lead) - Jun 03, 2012
- Modi to attend BJP meet, Joshi quits (Third Lead) - May 24, 2012
- Sanjay Joshi quits BJP (Lead) - Jun 08, 2012
- Will Modi be BJP's prime ministerial candidate? - May 27, 2012
Tags: ayodhya, bharatiya janata party, bjp, chief minister, eye of a storm, former prime minister, gujarat, l k advani, narendra modi, national executive, nitin, party leader, party president, party rally, prime ministerial candidate, ram temple, rath yatra, sanjay joshi, somnath, vajpayee