Modi favourite to lead Gujarat again, survey showsApril 1st, 2009 - 12:05 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 31 (IANS) Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi is the most popular leader in the state and was likely to retain the post, an opinion poll said Tuesday.
“Narendra Modi emerges as the most popular candidate to be the next chief minister in Gujarat with 45 percent people in favour of him. Congress leader Shankarsinh Vaghela trails with 31 percent,” the NDTV said in a release on the findings of the opinion poll.
The survey showed that the Modi government got a thumbs-up on development indicators such as ‘bijli, sadak, paani’ (power, road, water) with an overwhelming 79 percent surveyed saying it has done a good job.
According to the poll, 51 percent respondents said the government has done a good job on the front of communal harmony and over 85 percent stated that Muslims do feel safe in the state.
However, nearly 56 percent respondents said that Modi favours rich industrialists over the poor.
- Tata Motors moving out bad for West Bengal, opinion poll - Apr 02, 2009
- Shankarsinh Vaghela to head Congress' Gujarat campaign panel - Sep 02, 2011
- Nitish favourite to lead Bihar again, survey shows - Apr 01, 2009
- Advani praises Modi on blog - Mar 25, 2012
- Congress delegation from Gujarat meets President - Sep 07, 2011
- Modi should resign on moral grounds, says Congress - Sep 18, 2011
- Top Gujarat Congress leaders slam Modi, announce satyagraha - Sep 15, 2011
- Vaghela to counter Modi fast - Sep 14, 2011
- Hazare flays arrest of Gujarat top cop Sanjiv Bhatt - Oct 04, 2011
- Fast to disagree! Modi, Congress begin parallel fasts - Sep 17, 2011
- Contrasting styles mark Modi, Vaghela fasts - Sep 18, 2011
- Despite exoneration, Narendra Modi cannot play national role (Comment) - Apr 14, 2012
- Congress members harming party prospects in Gujarat: Shastri - Jul 31, 2012
- Vaghela ends fast, says Modi government betrayed trust - Sep 20, 2011
- Vaghela, Mehta warn Modi against disrupting convention - Mar 26, 2010
Tags: chief minister, communal harmony, congress leader, development indicators, favour, good job, gujarat, industrialists, muslims, narendra modi, ndtv, New Delhi, opinion poll, respondents, sadak, survey showed that