Modi attacks Sonia over ‘internal threat’ statementApril 13th, 2009 - 11:19 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, April 13 (IANS) In an apparent reference to Congress president Sonia Gandhi’s foreign roots, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi Monday attacked her, saying that she had eaten the “salt of the country” but was claiming that the country faced an “internal threat”.
“Sonia Gandhi is in India for the last 30 years eating the salt of the country. And she is saying that the country faces threat from inside. Is she paying back to the country in this way?” Modi, a senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader asked while addressing a rally in Ranchi Monday.
Modi also came down heavily on Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
“Manmohan Singh had said that he was most disturbed when the nuclear deal with US got stuck. Was Manmohan disturbed when terrorists attacked Mumbai? Manmohan is happy to play in the lap of United States,” Modi said.
Modi also ridiculed the central government for expressing inability to provide security to the Indian Premier League (IPL) Twenty20 matches in the country.
“When the central government cannot ensure the security to 11 players and one stadium then how can it provide security to 100 crore people of the country?” he asked.
“I had offered to host IPL in Gujarat but the central government did not agree on it,” he added.
Modi addressed six public rallies in Jharkhand in favour of party candidates.
- Narendra Modi kickstarts poll campaign in Gujarat - Sep 11, 2012
- Opposition attacks government on NCTC, PM reaches out (Afternoon Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- Bad weather keeps Sonia away from Moga rally - Jan 19, 2012
- Manmohan fails to woo dissenting CMs on NCTC (Roundup) - May 05, 2012
- Opposition CMs lambast government for security overreach (Roundup) - Apr 16, 2012
- Congress MP breaks down in Lok Sabha over Gujarat police action - May 02, 2012
- Sonia Gandhi needs to do her homework before entering Gujarat: Modi - Apr 25, 2009
- Who was Bhopal's 'maut ka saudagar', Modi asks Sonia - Jun 13, 2010
- Centre tinkering with federal structure: Modi - Oct 22, 2011
- BJP takes on UPA, Sonia, on price rise, Maoist violence (Roundup) - Jun 13, 2010
- Who was Bhopal's 'Maut ka Saudagar', Modi asks Sonia (Lead) - Jun 13, 2010
- Sonia, Advani in slanging match in Assam - Apr 01, 2011
- Congress leaders lambast Modi for anti-PM remarks in planning body - Oct 22, 2011
- Congress MP breaks down over Gujarat police action (Lead) - May 02, 2012
- Advani attacks PM on corruption - Nov 06, 2011
Tags: bharatiya janata party, bjp leader, central government, chief minister, congress president sonia gandhi, crore, gujarat, internal threat, ipl, jharkhand, manmohan, manmohan singh, narendra modi, nuclear deal, party candidates, premier league, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, public rallies, twenty20