Moderate Hurriyat leaders to visit Pakistan next monthMay 29th, 2008 - 5:34 pm ICT by admin
Srinagar, May 29 (IANS) Senior leaders of the separatist faction of Jammu and Kashmir’s Hurriyat Conference will be visiting Pakistan next month following an invitation from Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi. In a letter addressed to the Hurriyat chief Mirwaiz Umer Farooq, the minister invited a delegation of the Hurriyat Conference led by him for “consultations and meetings with the leadership in Pakistan”.
Sources in the Hurriyat said the Mirwaiz would be accompanied by Abdul Gani Bhat, former chairperson of the group, and Bilal Gani Lone, the chief of the People’s Party.
While the final dates would be decided after a meeting of the Hurriyat executive committee being held here early next month, it is likely that the group would visit Pakistan in the last week of June.
Mirwaiz Umer told reporters that his group would be talking to the new government in Pakistan to know about its Kashmir policy and also apprise them of the recent developments and situation in the state.
- Chinks in Mirwaiz-led Hurriyat Conference? - May 07, 2012
- Thousands join funeral of slain Kashmiri religious leader - Apr 08, 2011
- Clash at Hurriyat seminar in Kashmir - May 20, 2012
- Kashmiri separatists to meet Pakistan foreign secretary - Feb 23, 2010
- Moderate Hurriyat issues notice to three leaders - Jun 01, 2012
- Kashmiri separatists to meet Khar in Delhi - Jul 26, 2011
- Separatist leader Abdul Gani Bhat admits separatist leaders killed by his own people - Jan 03, 2011
- Mirwaiz to met Pakistani foreign secretary in Delhi - Feb 22, 2010
- Separatist leader held, released in Kashmir (Lead) - Jun 17, 2010
- Kashmir separatists meet Pakistan foreign secretary - Feb 24, 2010
- My brother too was killed by separatists, says Bhat (Lead) - Jan 03, 2011
- Yasin Malik wants judicial probe into valley unrest deaths - Jan 04, 2011
- Separatists push Pakistan on Kashmir, divided on dialogue (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Parliamentarians, civil society members meet Mirwaiz - Dec 04, 2010
- Hurriyat to fight 'economic exploitation' of Kashmiris - Jul 10, 2012
Tags: bilal, chairperson, consultations, delegation, executive committee, faction, foreign minister, gumer, hurriyat conference, hurriyat leaders, invitation, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, kashmir policy, leadership, pakistan, qureshi, recent developments, shah mahmood