Model code relaxed in states where polls completedApril 27th, 2009 - 10:45 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 27 (IANS) The Election Commission Monday said it has partially relaxed the application of model code of conduct in the states where parliamentary elections have been completed.
The relaxation would now enable ministers to review implementation of ongoing development programmes in the states where the Lok Sabha polls are over, Deputy Election Commissioner J.P. Prakash told reporters.
The relaxation comes as nearly half of the 543 parliamentary seats have already been voted for in the first and second phase of the five-round Lok Sabha elections.
Chhattisgarh, Assam, Andhra Pradesh, Orissa, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya and Tripura have already held the parliamentary elections.
However, for the state where assembly elections took place, the restrictions on issuing tenders, evaluation and awarding of contracts would continue till the next state governments are formed.
Andhra Pradesh and Orissa are the two states where assembly elections were held simultaneously with the Lok Sabha polls.
- Northeast's lawmakers vote in presidential poll - Jul 19, 2012
- Three northeastearn states soon to have high courts - May 12, 2012
- Pranab will out-do Sangma in northeast: Congress - Jul 19, 2012
- Security, corruption issues in coming northeast polls: Congress - Apr 30, 2012
- Three northeastern states to get high courts by October - May 17, 2012
- Northeast women's panels want 33 percent reservation - Feb 09, 2012
- Mukherjee has majority support in northeast - Jul 07, 2012
- Tribal Forum of India to float new party: Sangma - Jul 31, 2012
- President okays three high courts in northeast - Jun 09, 2012
- Poll panel begins groundwork for polls in five states - Sep 04, 2012
- Indian states and their ruling parties - May 13, 2011
- Separate high courts to be set up in northeastern states - Mar 02, 2011
- Punjab, Karnataka get new Congress chiefs, no change elsewhere (Second Lead) - Oct 26, 2010
- Three northeast states could get own high courts soon - Nov 27, 2011
- Monsoon covers most parts of northeast India - Jun 10, 2011
Tags: andhra pradesh, arunachal pradesh, assam, assembly elections, election commission, election commissioner, lok sabha elections, lok sabha polls, manipur, meghalaya, mizoram, model code, nagaland, ongoing development, orissa, parliamentary elections, parliamentary seats, prakash, state governments, tripura