MNS to contest maximum Lok Sabha seats: RajNovember 24th, 2008 - 10:34 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Nov 24 (IANS) Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) chief Raj Thackeray Monday said his party would field as many Lok Sabha seats from Maharashtra as possible in the forthcoming general elections, setting at rest speculation about a possible rapprochement with his uncle, Shiv Sena supremo Balasaheb Thackeray. A day after he held a 90-minute closed-door meeting with his uncle, Raj told party workers that the “embers” lit two years ago, when he broke away from the parent party to form the MNS, would be kept burning.
Addressing an impressive congregation of party workers drawn from Mumbai, Pune, Thane and Nashik at Shanmukhanand Hall, Raj Thackeray said the fledgling MNS has a distinct agenda and a clear roadmap for the resurgence of new Maharashtra.
Party functionaries from the four MNS ’strongholds’ were felicitated at the function for their splendid work that they claimed has made the party “a force to reckon with”.
- MNS offers unconditional support to Shiv Sena-BJP-RPI in Thane - Mar 06, 2012
- MNS bags Nashik mayor's post - with BJP support - Mar 15, 2012
- MNS activists attack toll posts across Maharashtra - Jun 13, 2012
- MNS names candidates - with marks! - Jan 29, 2012
- Raj Thackeray attacks Maharashtra government on toll tax - Jun 12, 2012
- Sena-BJP combine triumph in Mumbai, Thane civic polls, MNS gains (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- Nashik will have MNS mayor: Raj Thackeray - Feb 19, 2012
- Shiv Sena snubs Munde over remarks on MNS - Feb 07, 2011
- Tie up with MNS only after Shiv Seva's nod: BJP - Mar 04, 2011
- A son rises in Raj Thackeray's MNS too - Feb 06, 2012
- Uddhav joins Thackeray clan hot excahnge of words - Oct 27, 2010
- Bihar Day: Shiv Sena non-confrontationist, MNS belligerent - Apr 13, 2012
- MNS exam plan makes civic candidates jittery - Nov 29, 2011
- Raj Thackeray admits dilemma over picking candidates - Jan 27, 2012
- Uddhav Thackeray discharged after angiography (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012