MNS dubs Chavan, Ajit Pawar, Patil ‘3 Idiots’ of MaharashtraJanuary 17th, 2011 - 8:58 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Jan 17 (IANS) Protesting the police assault on its legislator, the Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) hit out at the ruling Democratic Front government, terming the chief minister, his deputy and the home minister the “3 Idiots”, a refrence to Aamir Khan’s blockbuster. A huge hoarding set up by the party at a prominent junction in Dadar area portrays Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan (Baba), Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar (Dada) and Home Minister R.R. Patil (Aaba) sitting on red-coloured toilet seats as in the film.
Below is a caption in Marathi: “Eka aamdarala sujawun laal kelet, Janata tumchi… pan laal kelyashivay rahnar nahi! Kaaran, mauka sabhi ko milta hai…! (You brutally hammered a legislator, even the people will not spare you, because every one gets an opportunity).”
The hoarding comes after the party’s Aurangabad legislator Harshwardhan Jadhav was beaten up by police 10 days ago when he attempted to break the high-security cordon of Chief Minister Chavan.
Addressing a public meeting in Aurangabad Jan 12, party chief Raj Thackeray accused Pawar and Patil for instigating the attack on Jadhav.
He had also hinted at hitting back at the duo, saying: “Mauka sabhi ko milta hai…” (Every one gets a chance), even as politicians from all parties condemned the attack on Jadhav.
MNS spokesperson Shirish Parker said the hoarding picture was the back cover of the latest issue of his magazine “Maharashtra Majha” and had proved to be a hit with the readers.
“However, as of now, this is the only location we have decided to put up this hoarding. We have not yet thought of it at other parts of the state,” he said.
Though the party’s name does not figure on the hoarding, Parker said he is identified with the MNS, and this is very well known to the people.
- Raj Thackeray attacks NCP leaders at rally - Jan 13, 2011
- Two cops suspended for assault on MNS legislator - Mar 18, 2011
- Ajit Pawar will be Maharashtra deputy chief minister - Nov 10, 2010
- Prithviraj Chavan sworn in Maharashtra chief minister (Lead) - Nov 11, 2010
- Shiv Sena demands better price for sugarcane - Nov 08, 2011
- Ajit Pawar to be new Maharashtra deputy chief minister (Lead) - Nov 10, 2010
- Abu Azmi attacked by MNS legislators inside assembly (Lead) - Nov 09, 2009
- MNS activists attack toll posts across Maharashtra - Jun 13, 2012
- Ajit Pawar is Maharashtra deputy chief minister (Second Lead) - Nov 10, 2010
- Defiant MNS asks Mumbai residents not to pay toll tax - Jul 29, 2012
- Chavan stakes claim, swearing in Thursday (Lead) - Nov 11, 2010
- NCP targets Congress on unspent funds in Maharashtra - Jul 20, 2012
- Four MNS legislators' suspension revoked - Jul 12, 2010
- Uddhav Thackeray demands Ajit Pawar's resignation - May 08, 2011
- New tax on domestic LPG in Maharashtra rolled back - Mar 30, 2012
Tags: aamir khan, ajit pawar, aurangabad, chavan, deputy chief minister, hoarding, home minister, jadhav, janata, laal, mauka, milta, mns, nahi, party chief, police assault, raj thackeray, refrence, security cordon, toilet seats