Mizoram forms panel for border disputes with Assam, TripuraMarch 27th, 2012 - 8:19 pm ICT by IANS
Aizawl, March 27 (IANS) The Mizoram government has formed a five-member committee to resolve the boundary disputes with neighbouring Assam and Tripura, an official said Tuesday.
“The boundary committee headed by former minister C. Chawngkunga would study the long-running inter-state border line row and would make recommendations to the state government at the earliest,” a senior land revenue and settlement department official told reporters.
According to the official, the state boundary committee was constituted last week after the central government has ignored the pleas of the state government to form a boundary commission for resolving the disputes.
The long unsettled Mizoram-Assam, Meghalaya-Assam and Arunachal Pradesh-Assam boundary disputes occasionally creates troubles between the villagers and officials of these states.
However, a senior Tripura government official, when contacted, told IANS that the state government is not aware of any boundary disputes with Mizoram.
Meghalaya was formed in January 1972 while Mizoram became a state in 1987. Tripura and Manipur were sovereign princely states, which became part of India.
- (VM) Mizoram panel to resolve border disputes - Aug 10, 2012
- 'Commission needed on Meghalaya-Assam boundary dispute' - Dec 21, 2011
- Help resolve Meghalaya-Assam border dispute: Mukul Sangma - Jul 05, 2012
- Want to settle border row with neighbours, says Gogoi - Jul 13, 2012
- Meghalaya wants boundary issue with Assam resolved - Mar 16, 2011
- 'Assam chief minister should pay house rent to Meghalaya' - Mar 12, 2012
- Meghalaya CM calls all-party meet on boundary row - Jul 25, 2012
- Meghalaya for a commission to re-define boundary with Assam - Aug 13, 2012
- HSPDP withdraws support to Meghalaya's Congress government - Jul 14, 2012
- Policy to promote textiles in northeast suggested - May 21, 2012
- Mizoram to hold talks with separatists next month - Nov 16, 2010
- Assam, Meghalaya chief ministers to discuss border Saturday - Jun 01, 2010
- NGOs serve quit notice to Mizo women for marrying non-Mizos - Oct 21, 2011
- Meghalaya seeks independent probe on Langpih firing - May 17, 2010
- Northeast seperatist leader arrested in New Delhi (Lead) - Jul 19, 2012
Tags: aizawl, arunachal pradesh, assam, border disputes, border line, boundary commission, boundary committee, boundary disputes, central government, government official, inter state, manipur, meghalaya, member committee, mizoram government, princely states, state border, state boundary, state government, tripura government