Mitt Romney visits South CarolinaMay 23rd, 2011 - 8:23 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Irmo, May 23 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Mitt Romney was in South Carolina to promote his bid to become the flagbearer of the GOP in the 2012 Presidential race in the United States. With a host of possible contenders announcing that they will not be running in the race to grab the GOP ticket, Romney seems determined to surmount the hurdle that he failed to do in 2008.
South Carolina proved to be the banana peels for Romney in the 2008 race to get the GOP ticket. He finished a disappointing fourth in the race. When he returned to the state, he told the voters that he is now concentrating on the economy. After the meeting, he told reporters about his impression of how things went.
He told the reporters that, “I was pretty encouraged by the response I received today…People here are not devoted only to voting for someone from the South. They’re willing to consider a guy from Massachusetts as well, and I expect to take my message here.”
Donald Trump, Mike Huckabee and Governor Barbour Haley have all indicated that they will not be in the race to get the nod of the GOP to lead the party in the 2012 Presidential election.
- John McCain endorses Mitt Romney - Jan 05, 2012
- Former Pennsylvania Senator wins South Carolina straw poll - Apr 10, 2011
- Trump's desire to be President surprises many in US - Apr 09, 2011
- McCain opts out of 2012 GOP presidential candidature endorsements - Feb 04, 2011
- Haley, Jindal in Romney's VP guessing game - May 05, 2012
- Ann Coulter opens up on Piers Morgan show - Jun 08, 2011
- Nikki Haley to endorse 2012 presidential Republican candidate - Dec 05, 2010
- Michele Bachmann to meet Donald Trump again - Nov 21, 2011
- New Hampshire voters prefer Romney over Obama: Poll - Apr 23, 2011
- Michele Bachmann's son turns down Playgirl offer - Apr 21, 2011
- Gingrich wins key Republican primary in South Carolina - Jan 22, 2012
- Romney's path cleared; gets Bobby Jindal's backing (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Trump in second place as GOP candidate: NBC Poll - Apr 07, 2011
- Romney, Palin clear leaders for 2012 GOP presidential primary - Oct 01, 2010
- Indian American Nikki Haley bounces back in governor's race - May 26, 2010
Tags: banana, contenders, disappointing fourth, donald trump, economy, gop, gop ticket, governor barbour, haley, hurdle, irmo, massachusetts, mike huckabee, mitt romney, nod, presidential election, presidential race, south carolina, trump mike, united states