Mitt Romney is backed by Kelly AyotteNovember 23rd, 2011 - 7:49 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New Hampshire, Nov 23 (THAINDIAN NEWS) “Joe and I are here today to endorse Governor Romney for president because we know that with his experience he will make sure that we get our fiscal house in order in Washington, that we stop crushing all of us and our children with mountains of debt, and that we get Americans back to work.” These were the words of Sen. Kelly Ayotte at the rally of GOP presidential hopeful Mitt Romney. Ayotte and her husband were at the rally which was held on Sunday in front of the City Hall.
Ayotte has been on the receiving end of Romney in the past. During her race for the Senate in 2010, several high profile Republicans joined her campaigned. The list included Sen. Jon McCain, Romney, Sara Palin and Rick Santorum.
Ayotte might have taken time to consider which candidate to endorse. She was among 10 other GOP Senators who joined Romney’s rival Herman Cain for dinner in Washington at the beginning of the month.
After thanking Ayotte and her husband for the support, Romney turned his attention on President Barack Obama. Romney criticized the president for failing the country saying the failure of the Super Committee to reach a decision on the debt crisis was partly due to the failure of the president to make any positive input to the commitee.
- John McCain endorses Mitt Romney - Jan 05, 2012
- GOP Race: Rick Santorum quizzed over his 'Bridge to Nowhere' remarks - Feb 24, 2012
- Former US Republican candidate Santorum endorses Romney - May 08, 2012
- After five-state sweep, Romney readies to battle Obama (Lead) - Apr 25, 2012
- Romney sweeps five states, readies to battle Obama - Apr 25, 2012
- Dave Mustaine endorses Rick Santorum - Feb 16, 2012
- Romney scores decisive win in Illinois primary - Mar 21, 2012
- Romney's path cleared; gets Bobby Jindal's backing (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Romney creates history in clinching Republican nomination (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Bobby Jindal backs Romney as Santorum quits - Apr 11, 2012
- Mitt Romney clinches Republican nomination - May 30, 2012
- Santorum sweeps south; setback for Romney - Mar 14, 2012
- Gingrich wins key Republican primary in South Carolina - Jan 22, 2012
- Santorum slows Romney's march with southern sweep (Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- Romney picks up two big endorsements - Mar 30, 2012
Tags: barack obama, city hall, commitee, debt crisis, failure, gop, gop senators, governor romney, herman cain, high profile, kelly ayotte, mccain, mitt romney, mountains, rally, republicans, rick santorum, romney for president, sara palin, senate