Missing nurse case: Legislator skips CBI questioningDecember 10th, 2011 - 11:45 pm ICT by IANS
Jodhpur, Dec 10 (IANS) Rajasthan Congress legislator Malkhan Singh Bishnoi Saturday did not turn up for CBI interrogation in the case of missing nurse Bhawnari Devi, sources said. His relatives told probe agency officials that he was away in Delhi.
He was summoned by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) a day earlier, they said.
“Malkhan Singh had been called for questioning, but he skipped it,” a CBI spokesperson told IANS.
The CBI would again call the legislator from Luni assembly constituency for questioning, he said.
Bishnoi is alleged to have been close to the nurse, who is missing since Sep 1 and is feared dead.
Bishnoi’s brother Parasram was arrested Dec 2 along with sacked Rajasthan minister Mahipal Maderna, who allegedly features on a CD in a compromising position with the nurse.
It is alleged that Maderna got her killed as she was blackmailing him on the basis of the CD.
Sources said that some family members of the legislator reached the Circuit House in Jodhpur late evening to explain to the CBI investigators that the legislator was in Delhi.
Maderna alleged in a court here Friday that he was being tortured by the CBI.
When the additional judicial magistrate asked Maderna if he was ill-treated and beaten up, he said that the CBI officers slapped him and pulled his hair. The court had extended his CBI custody by three days.
The former Rajasthan minister was taken to the CBI headquarters in New Delhi for interrogation and was brought back last week.
Parasram Bishnoi was interrogated in Jodhpur during the remand period.
In the charge sheet filed before the court earlier, three men - Shahabuddin, Baliya and Sohanlal - have been charged with abduction with an intent to kill and criminal conspiracy of the Indian Penal Code and various sections of the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act in the case.
- Missing nurse case: CBI quizzes Maderna's wife - Jan 01, 2012
- Missing nurse case: Court extends Maderna's custody - Dec 24, 2011
- Missing nurse: Maderna's CBI custody extended - Dec 09, 2011
- CBI arrests Rajasthan ex-minister over missing nurse - Dec 02, 2011
- CBI arrests one more in missing nurse case - Dec 27, 2011
- Court extends custody of ex-Rajasthan minister - Jan 20, 2012
- Rajasthan lawmaker arrested in missing nurse case (Lead) - Dec 19, 2011
- CBI may seek arrest warrant against Rajasthan lawmaker - Dec 18, 2011
- Missing nurse case: CBI mulls legal action against lawmaker - Dec 17, 2011
- Missing nurse case: Court extends legislator's custody - Dec 31, 2011
- Missing nurse case: Congress legislator finally appears before CBI - Dec 19, 2011
- CBI brings Maderna to Delhi for questioning - Dec 04, 2011
- Husband of missing Rajasthan nurse arrested - Dec 08, 2011
- Maderna sent to CBI custody till Dec 9 - Dec 03, 2011
- Rajasthan Congress legislator to appear before CBI Saturday - Dec 16, 2011
Tags: abduction, agency officials, atrocities, bishnoi, castes, cbi officers, central bureau of investigation, constituency, criminal conspiracy, indian penal code, interrogation, judicial magistrate, late evening, legislator, maderna, mahipal, New Delhi, rajasthan, spokesperson, three men