Minority Leader John Boehner softens his position on tax cutsSeptember 13th, 2010 - 8:23 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Sep 13 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Minority Leader of the senate says that he approves of US President Obama’s bid to decrease the tax bill of only middle class Americans.
“I want to do something for all Americans who pay taxes. If the only option I have is to vote for some of those tax reductions, I’ll vote for it. . . . If that’s what we can get done, but I think that’s bad policy. I don’t think that’s going to help our economy,” according to John Boehner.
The Republican senator from Ohio John Boehner stated that there were lots of anomalies with the plan to ignore tax breaks for rich Americans in these times of recession. He also insinuated on Sunday that the government was fighting against upper class citizens. He’s however stated that he will give the opportunity of decreased tax levels to middle income Americans if that is all the Democrats are prepared to offer.
Laws to decrease income taxes will be expiring at the end of the year and will be no more effective if Congress doesn’t draft new laws for President Obama to append his signature. Obama has already confirmed his approval for decreased taxes for couples earning up to a quarter of a million dollars and individuals earning up to $200,000. However the Democrats with Obama’s support see no reason why it should be extended to citizens who earn more than that, estimated to be 3 percent of the population.
- House Republican leader open to Obama tax cut proposal - Sep 13, 2010
- Senate Republicans propose to keep Bush era tax cuts - Sep 14, 2010
- John Boehner's Stand On Tax Cuts Provokes A War Of Words - Sep 13, 2010
- Obama urges Congress to pass 'Buffett Rule' for higher tax on rich - Mar 31, 2012
- Americans face tax hike amid Congressional impasse - Dec 21, 2011
- Latest Health Care Law Repeal Bill Passes House, Likely To Be Thwarted In Senate - Jan 20, 2011
- John Boehner's Views On Tax Cuts Clash With White House Statements - Sep 13, 2010
- US Senate rejects Obama's wealth tax proposal - Apr 17, 2012
- U.S. Congress passes $858 billion tax-cut extension - Dec 18, 2010
- Millionaires should pay 30 percent in taxes: Obama - Feb 22, 2012
- GOP Claims Victory In House Of Representatives, All Set To Read "Pledge To America" - Nov 03, 2010
- US Senate to vote on key new tax measures for middle class - Dec 13, 2010
- Obama's State of the Union Full Text - Jan 26, 2011
- Republicans cave in, hand Obama big victory - Dec 23, 2011
- Obama to address joint session of the Congress - Sep 01, 2011
Tags: according to john, anomalies, couples, democrats, income taxes, john boehner, leader john boehner, leader of the senate, million dollars, minority leader john boehner, minority leader of the senate, new laws, obama, recession, republican senator, signature, tax breaks, tax cuts, tax reductions, upper class citizens