MIM not to pursue politics of murder, says Asaduddin OwaisiMay 22nd, 2011 - 2:26 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, May 22 (IANS) Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) will not pursue the politics of murder to avenge the assassination attempt on its leader Akbaruddin Owaisi, but wants a probe into the attack, says party president and older brother Asaduddin Owaisi.
The MP was addressing a massive public meeting organised by the party at the First Lancer neighbourhood here Saturday night to condemn the April 30 attack.
“MIM never believed in the politics of murder. We don’t want to turn Hyderabad into another Rayalaseema,” he said referring to the bloody faction war in Rayalaseema region.
He, however, said the party would give a fitting reply if the rivals resorted to another physical attack on the leadership. “If they do it again, no graveyard in the city will accept their bodies for burial,” he warned.
Thanking people for their prayers, which, he said, gave new life to his younger brother, Asaduddin called upon people to socially boycott elements which are committing murders and repression.
Alleging a deeprooted conspiracy behind the attack to eliminate the strong Muslim leadership in Hyderabad, he said Akbaruddin, the MIM legislature party leader, has been at the forefront of raising his voice against injustice and repression.
The MP targeted editors of two Urdu dailies saying they were morally responsible for the attack. He said MIM exercised restraint even when the two newspapers published insulting cartoons of the leaders.
He claimed he has all the details of who hatched the conspiracy of the attack, how many meetings were held and who attended them.
Akbaruddin was stabbed and shot at in the attack by a group of 10 to 15 assailants April 30 when he was visiting his Chandrayangutta assembly constituency. The young leader was discharged from hospital Friday. Asaduddin said he would undergo another surgery after six weeks.
MIM, which has been dominating Hyderabad politics for four decades, has seven legislators in the Andhra Pradesh assembly.
-Indo-Asian News Service
- MIM legislator Owaisi discharged from hospital - May 20, 2011
- MIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi injured in firing (Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- MIM leader Akbar Owaisi attacked, Hyderabad tense (Night Lead) - May 01, 2011
- MIM leader Owaisi injured in attack, Hyderabad tense (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- MIM leader Akbar Owaisi remains critical - May 01, 2011
- MIM leader Akbar Owaisi injured in attack; Hyderabad tense (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- MIM leader Akbar Owaisi's condition still critical (Lead) - May 01, 2011
- After assassination attempt, MIM got strengthened: Asaduddin Owaisi (Interview) - May 18, 2011
- Andhra assembly condemns attack on MIM leader - Dec 03, 2011
- MIM leader attack: Seven accused sent to judicial custody - May 04, 2011
- MIM leader Akbar Owaisi stable - May 02, 2011
- Owaisi seeks action against lax cops for riots - Apr 12, 2012
- Two more arrested for attack on Owaisi - May 03, 2011
- MIM rules out supporting Telangana strike - Sep 25, 2011
- MIM chief Owaisi meets Jagan in jail - Jun 19, 2012
Tags: assailants, assassination attempt, constituency, dailies, faction, forefront, graveyard, hyderabad, injustice, legislators, many meetings, murders, muslim leadership, neighbourhood, party leader, party president, repression, six weeks, urdu, young leader