MIM leader Akbar Owaisi stableMay 2nd, 2011 - 2:45 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, May 2 (IANS) The condition of Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (MIM) leader Akbaruddin Owaisi is stable, doctors said Monday, two days after he was stabbed and shot at by rivals.
According to a medical bulletin issued by Care Hospital Monday, the Andhra Pradesh legislator continues to be on ventilator. The doctors are also continuing dialysis.
The doctors said his pulse rate, blood pressure and the functioning of other vital organs are near normal.
His condition is being closely and continuously monitored by a team of doctors, said the bulletin issued by Ram Papa Rao, medical director, Care Hospital.
The young leader’s condition is gradually improving since the second surgery was conducted on him Sunday for his abdominal injuries.
Akbar, who is the MIM floor leader in the Andhra Pradesh assembly, suffered injuries to his left kidney, urinary bladder, upper portion of the large intestine and left hand.
For the third day, a large number of MIM workers converged outside the hospital in Banjara Hills.
Akbar was stabbed and fired upon by rivals over a land dispute at Barkas Saturday when he was visiting his Chandrayangutta constituency in the old city of Hyderabad.
One attacker was killed and two others injured when the security guard of another MIM legislator, Ahmed Balala, opened fire.
- MIM leader Akbar Owaisi's condition still critical (Lead) - May 01, 2011
- MIM leader Akbar Owaisi remains critical - May 01, 2011
- MIM leader Owaisi injured in attack, Hyderabad tense (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- MIM leader Akbaruddin Owaisi injured in firing (Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- MIM legislator Owaisi discharged from hospital - May 20, 2011
- MIM leader attack: Seven accused sent to judicial custody - May 04, 2011
- MIM leader Akbar Owaisi attacked, Hyderabad tense (Night Lead) - May 01, 2011
- Two more arrested for attack on Owaisi - May 03, 2011
- MIM leader Akbar Owaisi injured in attack; Hyderabad tense (Second Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- Andhra assembly condemns attack on MIM leader - Dec 03, 2011
- MIM not to pursue politics of murder, says Asaduddin Owaisi - May 22, 2011
- Five accused of attacking MIM leader surrender to police - May 02, 2011
- High alert in Hyderabad after attack on Owaisi - Apr 30, 2011
- After assassination attempt, MIM got strengthened: Asaduddin Owaisi (Interview) - May 18, 2011
- Congress seeks Hyderabad mayor's post - Nov 25, 2011
Tags: abdominal injuries, andhra pradesh assembly, banjara hills, barkas, floor leader, hyderabad, land dispute, large intestine, left kidney, legislator, medical bulletin, medical director, pulse rate, security guard, third day, upper portion, urinary bladder, ventilator, vital organs, young leader