Milan airport turban incident unfortunate: S.S. AhluwaliaMarch 16th, 2011 - 5:17 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 16 (IANS) Stating that the turban was a symbol of religious sentiment, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) MP S.S. Ahluwalia Wednesday termed as unfortunate the removal of turban of golfer Jeev Milkha Singh’s coach Amritinder Singh at the Milan airport.
“Turban is a symbol of religious sentiments for Sikhs, the incident is unfortunate,” Ahluwalia told reporters outside parliament.
“It happened in Italy, where people know many things about India as Sonia Gandhi (Congress president) is from there. It is very bad,” he said.
Amritinder Singh Tuesday was harassed at the Milan airport and forced to remove his turban before being allowed to board the flight to Sicily in Italy.
- Sikh coach's turban check protested in parliament - Mar 16, 2011
- External ministry will take up turban issue with Italy: Maken - Mar 16, 2011
- Jeev's coach forced to remove turban at Milan airport - Mar 15, 2011
- Milkha wants PM to take up turban issue strongly - Mar 16, 2011
- Insult of Sikhs is insult to nation: Krishna - Mar 23, 2011
- Turban row: Sikh outfit leaders meet Italian envoy in Delhi - Mar 24, 2011
- Italian envoy summoned over turban row (Lead) - Mar 23, 2011
- Italian envoy summoned over Turban issue - Mar 23, 2011
- SGPC protests against turban frisking at international airports - Mar 25, 2011
- India to take up turban issue with Italy - Mar 16, 2011
- Frisking Row: Sikh delegation meets US ambassador Roemer in New Delhi - Dec 15, 2010
- Seek stop to US turban checking, Badal urges PM - Dec 13, 2010
- India presses France to resolve turban ban issue - Oct 20, 2011
- Want biopic to inspire the youth: Milkha - Feb 21, 2012
- Sikh panel plans protest outside US embassy - Dec 14, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,