Michigan GOP primary race heats upFebruary 28th, 2012 - 8:55 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Michigan, Feb 28 (THAINDIAN NEWS) During the race to determine who gets to head the Democrats into the race against the Republicans in 2008, then candidates Barack Obama and Hilary Clinton had some of the incredible exchanges which left many wondering if it will be the trend.
Judging from what is currently happening in the GOP race, the trend seems to be continuing if not getting worse. The race has threatened to get personal and insulting at many times but as the race heats up, that threat is fast becoming real.
Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum, regarded as the frontrunners in the race, have exchanged bashings which sometimes get personal. Newt Gingrich, who had revealed at the start of the race that he will go clean, joined the personal attacks somewhere in the race but he seems to have tone down ever since he dropped out of the frontrunner position.
Voters in Michigan will cast their vote today to give the indication of who will be leading the GOP come November. The various polls show that Santorum and Romney are running neck-to-neck and a win for any of them will go a long way to boost their campaign.
Gingrich seems to have other ideas because the former speaker of the House of Representatives has never put in any major effort in Michigan.
- Dave Mustaine endorses Rick Santorum - Feb 16, 2012
- GOP Race: Rick Santorum quizzed over his 'Bridge to Nowhere' remarks - Feb 24, 2012
- Santorum sweeps south; setback for Romney - Mar 14, 2012
- Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine now denies endorsing Rick Santorum - Feb 16, 2012
- Romney scores decisive win in Illinois primary - Mar 21, 2012
- Romney pulls ahead, but Ohio still hangs in balance (Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- Crucial primaries await Republican front-runners - Feb 28, 2012
- Santorum wins Louisiana to slow down Romney - Mar 25, 2012
- Bobby Jindal backs Romney as Santorum quits - Apr 11, 2012
- Super Tuesday: Contenders share spoils - Mar 07, 2012
- Former US Republican candidate Santorum endorses Romney - May 08, 2012
- Santorum slows Romney's march with southern sweep (Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- Gingrich announces withdrawal from Republican primaries - May 03, 2012
- Romney picks up two big endorsements - Mar 30, 2012
- Romney gains presidential momentum with twin wins - Feb 29, 2012
Tags: barack obama, democrats, frontrunners, gop, gop race, hilary clinton, house of representatives, michigan gop, mitt romney, newt gingrich, personal attacks, polls, republicans, rick santorum, speaker of the house, speaker of the house of representatives, vote