Michelle Obama to attend Betty Ford’s funeralJuly 12th, 2011 - 10:05 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Palm Desert, Calif., July 12 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Several top personalities including first lady Michelle Obama and three former first ladies are expected to attend the private service at the St. Margaret’s Episcopal Church in Palm Desert for former first lady Betty Ford. Attendance to the event will be strictly by invitation but the organizers say they will telecast the event from the church to millions of viewers.
Betty died last Friday at the age of 93 years. Before she died, Betty had her final rites figured out. Former first lady Rosalynn Carter and journalist Cokie Roberts were chosen by Betty to deliver eulogies at her service. Former President George W. Bush, former President Bill Clinton and wife Hilary Clinton as well as former first lady Nancy Reagan have all confirmed their attendance.
After the event at the church, the public will be given the chance to pay their last respect to Betty. The body will be moved to Grand Rapids, Mich. where another funeral will be held on Thursday. She will be laid down beside her husband Gerald Ford. Former first lady Barbara Bush has confirmed that she will be at the event on Thursday.
Coincidentally, the day that Betty will be buried would have been the 98th birthday of her late husband.
- Betty Ford's funeral details announced - Jul 11, 2011
- Former US first lady Betty Ford dead - Jul 09, 2011
- Nancy Reagan Celebrates Ronald Reagan's 100th Birthday - Feb 07, 2011
- Nancy Reagan stumbles at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library - Aug 24, 2011
- LiLo goes shopping during rehab - Nov 06, 2010
- Bush to unveil his portrait in White House - May 19, 2012
- Rosalynn Carter Pens New Book On Mental Health - May 05, 2010
- Cops believe LiLo was 'under the influence' at rehab - Jan 06, 2011
- Nancy Reagan was "de facto chief of staff" throughout Ronald's stint at White House - Feb 02, 2011
- Senator Kennedy's Funeral Service On Saturday - Aug 29, 2009
- Lindsay may face assault charges - Jan 05, 2011
- Lohan accused of attacking rehab staffer - Dec 22, 2010
- LiLo 'has personal treatment team of 10 at rehab' - Oct 12, 2010
- First Lady Michelle Obama Hosts Mothers Day Tea Event In White House - May 09, 2010
- Rehab Stuff Fired For Blabbing Out Alleged Altercation With Lindsay Lohan - Dec 23, 2010
Tags: betty ford, coincidentally, cokie roberts, episcopal church, eulogies, first lady betty ford, first lady rosalynn carter, former first lady betty ford, former president bill clinton, gerald ford, lady barbara, lady betty, lady nancy, michelle obama, nancy reagan, palm desert calif, president bill clinton, president george w bush, private service, wife hilary