Michael Reagan Refutes Brother’s Claim That His Father Had AlzheimerJanuary 18th, 2011 - 7:22 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Jan 18, (THAINDIAN NEWS) When the world is waiting to read former President Ronald Reagan’s son Ron Reagan’s book “My Father at 100″, which is scheduled to hit the bookstores, Micheal Reagan refuted his brother’s comment on the book. A reputed media outlets published some of the excepts of the memoir where it was stated that Ronald Reagan, who passed away in 1994 was in the early stages of Alzheimer’s disease while he was in the White House. However, the adopted son of the late President, Michael Reagan took to his social networking site to slam the comments of his half-brother and stated that the Ron Reagan’s claims are completely false.
Michael Reagan wrote in the homepage of his social networking site that Ron Reagan was an “embarrassment” to his father when he was alive and after his death, his half brother has become an embarrassment to his mother as well. The Republican strategist also stated that he feels Ron Reagan seems to sell out his father’s name to sell his own book and make good business out of it. Michael Reagan’s book “The New Reagan Revolution: How Ronald Reagan’s Principles Can Restore America’s Greatness” is set hit the bookstores next weekend.
While on one hand, Michael Reagan has criticized Ron Reagan’s book, on the other hand, The Ronald Reagan Presidential Foundation said that “My Father at 100″ is an encouraging book and the way the events and incidents were narrated, it could have possibly been done by a son. However, the Foundation has claimed that Ronald Reagan was not affected by Alzheimer’s disease when he was serving his post as the President.
- Michael Reagan calls half-brother Ron an 'embarrassment' - Jan 17, 2011
- Nancy Reagan loves 'My Father at 100', says Ron Reagan - Jan 19, 2011
- Ron Reagan Speaks About Father Ronald Reagan's Alzheimer's Disease In His New Book - Jan 15, 2011
- Nancy Reagan Celebrates Ronald Reagan's 100th Birthday - Feb 07, 2011
- Ronald Reagan suffered from Alzheimer's while still in White House: Son - Jan 15, 2011
- Reagan's adopted son trashes filmmaker's documentary, says 'Gipper's' legacy has been hijacked - Feb 22, 2011
- Reagan's children feel no Republican can claim their father's political legacy - Feb 10, 2011
- Sarah Palin not like my dad at all, says Ronald Reagan's son - Feb 05, 2011
- Underground Rapper Micheal "Eyedea" Larsen Passes Away At 28 - Oct 18, 2010
- Obama's uncle held for drunken driving - Aug 30, 2011
- Jennifer McDaniel And Hulk Hogan's Wedding Marked By Brawl - Dec 16, 2010
- Sarah Palin to deliver the keynote address at the 100th birth anniversary of Ronald Reagan - Jan 28, 2011
- Nancy Reagan was "de facto chief of staff" throughout Ronald's stint at White House - Feb 02, 2011
- Alzheimer's Awareness Month Will Be Observed Throughout November - Nov 02, 2010
- Douglas to play former US president? - Aug 31, 2012
Tags: bookstores, embarrassment, former president ronald reagan, gina gomez, good business, greatness, half brother, media outlets, memoir, michael reagan, president ronald reagan, reagan revolution, republican strategist, ron reagan, ronald reagan, ronald reagan presidential foundation, social networking site, white house