Meira Kumar greets people on RakhiAugust 12th, 2011 - 9:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 12 (IANS) Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar greeted the people on the eve of Raksha Bandhan - a festival that reaffirms the bond of love between brothers and sisters.
“Raksha Bandhan is a festival which not only celebrates love and affection, but has always given a message of harmony and solidarity. It has helped humankind in understanding the finer aspects of life among us,” Meira Kumar said in her message.
She said the festival “is an appropriate occasion to foster a feeling of sacrifice and the responsibility to protect the weaker and disadvantaged people from ills that surround us as a nation”.
- President, PM greet nation on Raksha Bandhan (Lead) - Aug 12, 2011
- Vice President greets nation on Raksha Bandhan - Aug 12, 2011
- Rakhi highlights importance of women in Indian society: PM - Aug 12, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on Raksha Bandhan - Aug 01, 2012
- President, Vice President greet people ahead of Raksha Bandhan - Aug 23, 2010
- President greets nation on Raksha Bandhan - Aug 23, 2010
- President greets nation on Raksha Bandhan - Aug 01, 2012
- Delhi celebrates Raksha Bandhan with fervour - Aug 02, 2012
- Lok Sabha speaker greets nation on Christmas eve - Dec 24, 2010
- President, PM, Sonia greet nation on Eid - Nov 06, 2011
- PM calls for ensuring women's dignity on Rakhi - Aug 23, 2010
- President, prime minister greet nation on Eid (Lead) - Aug 30, 2011
- Zed greets Hindus worldwide on Raksha Bandhan - Aug 01, 2010
- Speaker greets people on Independence Day - Aug 14, 2011
- Delhi Metro plans extra trips for Raksha Bandhan - Aug 01, 2012