Meghan McCain unhappy with Callista GingrichDecember 22nd, 2011 - 7:42 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Washington, Dec 22 (THAINDIAN NEWS) The race to become the next presidential candidate of the GOP is getting hotter as each day pass. Newt Gingrich, whose remarkable recovery in the polls shocked many analysts, has suddenly dropped out of the top three in the race.
Sen. John McCain’s daughter Meghan blames Gingrich’s wife Callista Gingrich for being the cause of his drop on popularity. She believes that Gingrich’s drop in popularity is because of his past unfaithfulness and blames Callista for being the cause.
It recently emerged that Gingrich, who has been married three times so far, was still married to his second wife when he entered into a relationship with Callista. Meghan says it was because of the affair that the two had that has affected the campaign of Gingrich.
She said that, “I think the fact that she was a third wife and a mistress and is coming off somewhat icy and [her] reputation of being somewhat controversial within their campaign is doing damage. Maybe just to politicos, but I think it’s something that people, and especially values voters, will bring into the race.”
Meghan is a blogger and she joined MSNBC as a political contributor on the network. She picked up the appointment last month.
- Callista Gingrich is in the spotlight - Dec 24, 2011
- Callista Gingrich's hair cut and styling is the topic of a great debate - Jan 28, 2012
- Gingrich announces withdrawal from Republican primaries - May 03, 2012
- Newt Gingrich sought "God's forgiveness" for marital affairs - Mar 26, 2011
- Newt Gingrich appalled at 'open marriage' allegations during Republican debate - Jan 20, 2012
- Dave Mustaine endorses Rick Santorum - Feb 16, 2012
- Newt Gingrich's Second Wife Reveals A Different Side To The Former House Speaker - Aug 11, 2010
- GOP candidate to debate in Sioux City Iowa - Dec 16, 2011
- Michigan GOP primary race heats up - Feb 28, 2012
- Romney's path cleared; gets Bobby Jindal's backing (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- McCain opts out of 2012 GOP presidential candidature endorsements - Feb 04, 2011
- Marianne, Newt Gingrich's Ex-Wife Goes Public With Details About His Messy Relationships - Aug 11, 2010
- 'We will look at 2012 presidential run very seriously': Gingrich - Mar 04, 2011
- Sarah Palin defends Newt Gingrich - May 20, 2011
- US presidential hopeful promises moon base by 2020 - Jan 26, 2012
Tags: appointment, blogger, callista gingrich, gop, john mccain, meghan, mistress, msnbc, newt gingrich, political contributor, polls, popularity, presidential candidate, relationship, remarkable recovery, reputation, second wife, sen john mccain, three times, unfaithfulness