Meghalaya minister-designate skips swearing-inJune 7th, 2011 - 11:36 pm ICT by IANS
Shillong, June 7 (IANS) A minister-designate in Meghalaya failed to turn up to take the oath of office and secrecy at the Raj Bhavan here Tuesday.
Stanly Wiss Rymbai, a Congress legislator, failed to attend the ceremony to take oath along with three other new faces in Chief Minister Mukul Sangma’s cabinet.
Rymbai told IANS that he was suffering from flu. He said he will speak to the chief minister once he recovers.
His absence from the ceremony was seen as a sign of the on-going in-fighting within the Congress Legislature Party over the demand for Sangma’s ouster.
Rymbai is said to be close to former chief minister D.D. Lapang, who is among the prominent Congress rebels seeking Sangma’s exit.
Shitlang Pale, Saleng Sangma and Bharatiya Janata Party leader-turned-Congress legislator Alexander Hek were administered the oath of office at the ceremony.
- Sangma reshuffles cabinet, drops three senior ministers - Jun 07, 2011
- Sangma allocates portfolios to ministers - Jun 08, 2011
- Four Meghalaya legislators demand Sangma's resignation - Jul 08, 2011
- Tynsong is new Meghalaya forests minister - Aug 04, 2011
- Tynsong to return to Sangma cabinet - Aug 01, 2011
- Meghalaya chief minister to reshuffle cabinet Tuesday - Jun 06, 2011
- Sacked Meghalaya minister re-inducted - Aug 02, 2011
- Sangma heads to New Delhi to finalise his team - Apr 21, 2010
- Meghalaya chief minister confident of completing term - Apr 16, 2011
- Against odds, Meghalaya's Sangma completes a year in office - Apr 20, 2011
- Rebel Meghalaya legislators seek chief minister's ouster - Jun 01, 2011
- Mukul Sangma sworn in Meghalaya chief minister - Apr 20, 2010
- Meghalaya's rebel Congress legislators to meet Sonia - Jun 05, 2011
- Lapang's name proposed for gubernatorial post - Jan 23, 2011
- Congress deputes emissaries to broker peace in Meghalaya - Apr 19, 2011
Tags: absence, alexander, chief minister, congress legislature party, congress rebels, flu, hek, janata party, legislator, meghalaya, new faces, oath of office, ouster, party leader, raj bhavan, secrecy, shillong, stanly, wiss