Medvedev proposes competitive selection of officialsMarch 15th, 2012 - 3:32 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, March 15 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Russian President Dmitry Medvedev Wednesday said deputy ministers as well as chiefs of federal services could be appointed on a competitive basis.
“We should proceed from the fact that the government is a political structure. As for the lower level, in my view, competitions are possible on any lower level. I have in view, deputy ministers and heads of services and agencies controlled by the government or by ministries,” Medvedev said.
“I am sure that we should try to introduce competitions and, frankly speaking, if we are ready to this in terms of organization, I would like to do it myself,” he said.
The president emphasised that candidates not for all posts could be selected on competitive basis, just “heads of two-three-or-four services and a score of deputy ministers”.
- Russia to build two space-defence missile plants - Feb 04, 2012
- Russia needs new system of defence procurement - May 09, 2012
- Medvedev proposes databank on rogue officials - Mar 23, 2012
- Medvedev elected ruling party leader (Lead) - May 26, 2012
- Medvedev backs Putin for Russian president - Sep 24, 2011
- Putin quits as head of ruling party - Apr 24, 2012
- Russian tycoon may run for president - Sep 03, 2011
- Medvedev, Putin harvest corn at farm - Oct 26, 2011
- Putin confirms Medvedev to be PM, given election win - Dec 02, 2011
- Putin wants changes in Russian space industry - Sep 01, 2012
- Medevedev refuses to reveal his candidature for 2012 presidential polls - May 18, 2011
- New government, new people: Medvedev - Oct 16, 2011
- Putin proposes Medvedev as prime minister - May 07, 2012
- Palestine city names street after Medvedev - Jan 21, 2012
- Medvedev appoints deputy PM - Dec 28, 2011