Mayawati’s Uttar Pradesh division election gimmick: BJPNovember 15th, 2011 - 7:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 15 (IANS) Opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Tuesday termed as an election gimmick Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati’s proposal to split the state in four.
Talking to reporters in New Delhi, party leader Shahnawaz Hussain asked how come Mayawati remembered about dividing the state after four-and-a-half years of her government.
“Elections have come, and Mayawati has remembered the upper caste after four-and-a-half years… she also remembered division of the state,” Hussain said, taking a dig at Mayawati.
He said that even though his party was in favour of smaller states, it was not in favour of poll stunts.
“BJP is in favour of smaller states, but they have no right to do an election stunt,” he said.
“When the elections come, parties like SP (Samajwadi party), BSP (Bahujan Samaj Party) and Congress make promises, but they are not sincere about it,” he added.
Uttar Pradesh will hold assembly elections in 2012.
- Has Mayawati set agenda for assembly polls? - Nov 27, 2011
- Mayawati decides to split Uttar Pradesh, opposition fumes (Roundup) - Nov 15, 2011
- Parties term Uttar Pradesh split a political stunt (Lead) - Nov 15, 2011
- BSP trying to cover sins: BJP - Nov 21, 2011
- Mayawati hits out at Congress for Khurshid's remarks - Feb 11, 2012
- Mayawati ignores common man, promotes corrupt: Rahul - Feb 15, 2012
- Congress trying reservation card in UP polls: BJP - Dec 24, 2011
- Congress is scared of BSP, says Mayawati - Nov 27, 2011
- Mayawati crosses first hurdle, what next? (News Analysis) - Nov 22, 2011
- Uttar Pradesh: joining the battle for the heartland of India (Comment) - Nov 19, 2011
- UP set for hung house, SP on top, BSP out (Third Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- UP chief minister Mayawati resigns - Mar 07, 2012
- Mayawati trying to misguide people: SP - Nov 15, 2011
- Mayawati calls meet to take stock of rout - Mar 11, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh assembly passes split motion amid pandemonium - Nov 21, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,