Mayawati regime razed ASI protected heritage building: CAGJuly 3rd, 2012 - 11:38 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 3 (IANS) The Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) in its March 2011 report, which was tabled in the Uttar Pradesh assembly Monday, has indicted the Mayawati regime for razing to the ground a heritage building at the Chhatrapati Sahuji Maharaj Medical University (CSJMU) here.
In its report, the CAG has pointed out that the then Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) government led by Mayawati not only brought down a heritage building on the campus without informing the Archaelogical Survey of India (ASI) but also did not bother to secure the mandatory ‘No Objection Certificate’.
The CAG has further noted that the remains of the building, which was declared a heritage building in 1920 by the ASI, were sold for a paltry Rs.14.63 lakh. In place of the Avadh architectural design building that was constructed in 1914, the Mayawati government constructed an ultra-modern building on the medical university campus at a cost of Rs.28.30 crore.
The CAG report has also mentioned that some of the engineers involved in the process of demolition had requested the Uttar Pradesh government not to rush in to raze the heritage zone building and instead to inform the ASI and take fresh guidelines. But no heed was paid to their pleas. After the building was razed to the ground, the debris was sold March 30, 2008.
– Indo-Asian News Service
- Cop dubbed unstable by Mayawati out of hospital - Nov 08, 2011
- Tell legislator to remove structure near Jama Masjid: court urged - Aug 07, 2012
- khilesh reverts names of eight UP districts - Jul 23, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh cop under house arrest, says opposition - Nov 09, 2011
- Child dies after vaccination, doctors face action - Jul 22, 2011
- Raze illegal construction at excavated site: Court (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Murderous attack on senior UP official at his office - Jul 06, 2012
- Construction of new bridge over Yamuna stopped - Jun 09, 2010
- Teacher critical after acid attack - Dec 16, 2010
- No compromise on law and order in UP, asserts Akhilesh - May 18, 2012
- Maya attacks Akhilesh for changing names of eight districts (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- Heritage week on, but it doesn't show in Taj city - Nov 22, 2010
- Raze illegal construction at excavated site: Court (Second Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Akhilesh regime refuses probe into 'sugar mill loot' - Jun 14, 2012
- Carcasses, garbage make abandoned Taj corridor an eyesore - Aug 18, 2010
Tags: 1914, architectural design, asian news, bahujan samaj party, cag report, comptroller, debris, demolition, heed, indo, lakh, lucknow, maharaj, Mayawati, medical university, news service, objection certificate, regime, rg, uttar pradesh government