Mayawati plotted land scam in Noida: MinisterJune 15th, 2012 - 12:34 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 14 (IANS) Uttar Pradesh Irrigation Minister Shivpal Singh Yadav Thursday accused the previous Mayawati government of plotting a multi-crore rupee scam involving irrigation department land in Noida area.
Making a statement during a discussion on the irrigation department’s budget in the assembly, the minister revealed a multi-crore rupee scam of selling off several acres of prime irrigation department land to builders near Delhi.
The minister said the Noida authority, during the Bahujan Samaj Party government, issued orders to transfer irrigation land worth Rs.15-20,000 crore to builders at throw away prices.
Yadav said that the Mayawati government wanted to change the land use and sell the land to favoured builders.
According to the audit, the scam led to financial losses of Rs.2,642 crore to the government.
The minister said that detailed evidence of the whole scam would be put before the Uttar Pradesh cabinet soon and strict action would be taken against those involved.
Yadav informed the house that important offices of the department at Parikalp Nagar premises were razed to benefit vested interests, leading to financial losses.
In Lakhimpur Kheri, during a surprise inspection at Sharda Barrage large-scale financial irregularities were discovered. Action would soon be initiated against all errant officials, he assured the house.
- Akhilesh not serious on scam probe: BJP - Aug 02, 2012
- UP health official found dead, family alleges murder (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- Evidence against Maya government's scams soon: Shivpal - Jun 02, 2012
- BSP runs for cover as skeletons tumble out (News Analysis) - May 17, 2012
- Congress attacks UP government over health official's death - Feb 16, 2012
- With ministers like his, Akhilesh needs no enemies (Uttar Pradesh Newsletter) - Aug 18, 2012
- NRHM scam: Court raps Uttar Pradesh for delay in prosecution (Lead) - Aug 23, 2012
- Opposition unimpressed by Mayawati's action against ministers - Apr 08, 2011
- Mulayam, Akhilesh get Z-plus security cover - Apr 12, 2012
- UP restores prime land near Delhi to irrigation department - Aug 28, 2012
- Minister flayed for saying officials can steal from state coffers - Aug 10, 2012
- CBI should protect informers in health scheme scam: BJP - Feb 16, 2012
- Mulayam slams Mayawati Govt. over UP food scam - Dec 07, 2010
- 69 convicted in fodder scam - May 03, 2012
- BSP parliamentarian booked under stringent law - Dec 16, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,