Mayawati planning to get Samajwadi legislator killed: MulayamOctober 26th, 2010 - 7:01 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Oct 26 (IANS) Samajwadi Party president Mulayam Singh Yadav Tuesday accused Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati of implicating party legislator Vijay Misra in the attack on state Minister Nand Gopal Gupta Nandi in Allahabad three months ago and conspiring to get him killed.
“I have reason to believe that the poor MLA has been falsely implicated in the attack on Nandi and now Mayawati is out to get him eliminated,” Mulayam Singh said, reacting to the state government’s decision to announce a cash reward of Rs.250,000 on Misra’s head.
“Besides Mayawati, two ministers of her cabinet and the state Director General of Police Karamveer Singh were also bent upon getting Misra killed,” he alleged.
“Considering that Vijay Misra was not traceable for quite some time now, I would not be surprised if they have already got him killed in a fake encounter,” Mulayam Singh at a press conference here.
He said that party general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav has already written two letters in this regard to the chief minister but received no reply from her, and has also complained to the governor.
He said Misra’s plea to assembly Speaker Sukhdeo Rajbhar too had fallen on deaf ears. “Vijay has written letters to speaker, but to no avail. Even the speaker has not cared to do anything on his complaints,” he said.
Nandi, the state’s registration and stamps minister, was seriously injured in a remote-controlled bomb blast July 12 in his hometown, Allahabad, 200 km from Lucknow.
Nandi had barely stepped out of his home in the Mutthiganj area and was walking down an alley to a nearby temple when the blast occurred. Two people, including a correspondent of the Indian Express, had died in the blast.
- Samajwadi Party seeks CBI probe into Allahabad blast - Jul 17, 2010
- Reward for absconding Samajwadi Party legislator - Oct 18, 2010
- Mayawati blames Allahabad blast on opposition - Jul 17, 2010
- Uttar Pradesh minister injured in blast (Lead) - Jul 12, 2010
- Uproar in Uttar Pradesh assembly over law and order - Aug 09, 2010
- Allahabad bomb blast accused sent to police custody - Jul 22, 2010
- Injured Uttar Pradesh minister recovering well - Jul 24, 2010
- Key accused in bomb attack on minister held - Aug 03, 2010
- Injured Uttar Pradesh minister is out of danger - Jul 13, 2010
- Speaker seeks home ministry report on Mulayam's house arrest - Mar 15, 2011
- Samajwadi Party leader behind attack on minister: Police - Jul 15, 2010
- Most UP legislators fail to declare assets - Jan 21, 2010
- 56 Uttar Pradesh assembly seats to go to polls Wednesday - Feb 14, 2012
- Reward for two behind bomb attack on minister - Jul 29, 2010
- Defector BSP legislator disqualified - Oct 17, 2011
Tags: allahabad, assembly speaker, bomb blast, cash reward, chief minister, deaf ears, gopal gupta, indian express, lucknow, misra, mulayam singh yadav, nand, nandi, nearby temple, party president, ram gopal, rs 250, Samajwadi Party, state director, state minister