Mayawati files nomination for Rajya SabhaMarch 13th, 2012 - 2:30 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, March 13 (IANS) Former Uttar Pradesh chief minister and Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) president Mayawati Tuesday filed her nomination for the Rajya Sabha.
BSP leader Munqad Ali also filed the nomination along with her.
With 80 seats in the 403-member assembly, BSP members can be elected on two seats in the upper house.
Elections for 10 Rajya Sabha seats from the state will be held on March 30.
- Notification issued for UP Rajya Sabha seats - Mar 12, 2012
- Mayawati fast-tracks preparations for Lok Sabha polls - Apr 03, 2012
- Mayawati quits as UP chief minister (Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- Mayawati calls meet to take stock of rout - Mar 11, 2012
- Mayawati takes oath as Rajya Sabha member - Apr 24, 2012
- Mayawati steps down as UP chief minister (Second Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- Mayawati replaces UP state unit president - Jul 11, 2012
- Maya's olive branch to Congress on Uttarakhand - Mar 12, 2012
- Kalraj Mishra quits Rajya Sabha - Mar 21, 2012
- Mayawati's style of playing hide and seek with EC - Dec 16, 2011
- UP chief minister Mayawati resigns - Mar 07, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh set to vote amid hung house prediction - Feb 07, 2012
- Hung assembly, Samajwadi Party to be largest party: Exit polls (Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Mayawati quits, warns against SP's hooliganism (Third Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- Penultimate round of UP polls on Tuesday - Feb 27, 2012