Mayawati demands withdrawal of fuel price hikeJune 29th, 2010 - 12:21 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 28 (IANS) Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) president and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati Monday demanded the withdrawal of the fuel price hike and said protests will be held against it in all the districts of the state July 6.
Announcing this in a statement, she termed the Congress-led central government’s decision to jack up the fuel prices as “anti-people”.
“The decision was evidently aimed at benefiting certain industrial houses close to the Congress leadership, at the cost of the common man who is already suffering due to the pressure of rising prices of all essential commodities,” she alleged.
Reacting to the withdrawal of government control over petrol prices, she said: “That clearly shows the government’s intention to allow further hike in the price of petrol later.”
Taking a dig at the Congress’ slogan “Congress ka haath aam admi ke saath” (Congress is with the common man), she said: “With the repeated hikes in petrol price together with that of other essential commodities, the Congress has proved that its much touted slogan was a hoax and only aimed at misleading the man on the street.”
- Roll back diesel hike, cooking gas cylinder cap, demands BJP - Sep 14, 2012
- Sushma slams government on fuel price hike - Jun 25, 2011
- Diesel price hiked by Rs 5, opposition slams 'anti-people' move (Roundup) - Sep 14, 2012
- Rollback hike in petrol prices: Dhumal - Sep 16, 2011
- Diesel, kerosene and cooking gas price hiked; common man, opposition angry (Roundup) - Jun 25, 2011
- Petrol price hike: Government insensitive, says BJP - Nov 03, 2011
- Allies, opposition target government over petrol price rise - Sep 16, 2011
- Mayawati lambasts centre for food price rise (Lead) - Jan 14, 2010
- Mayawati terms petrol price hike anti-people - May 15, 2011
- Akali Dal to join all-India strike July 5 - Jun 30, 2010
- Opposition calls all-India shutdown July 5 (Lead) - Jun 29, 2010
- Congress defends, opposition slams diesel price hike - Sep 13, 2012
- Opposition parties in Andhra protest petrol price hike - Jan 16, 2011
- Samajwadi Party workers clash with police during protest - Sep 16, 2011
- Mass protests against fuel price hike - Jul 01, 2010
Tags: aam, admi, central government, chief minister, commodities, common man, congress leadership, fuel price hike, fuel prices, government control, hoax, industrial houses, intention, ka, man on the street, petrol prices, protests, slogan, uttar pradesh chief minister mayawati