Mayawati added Rs.23.64 crore to her wealth in two yearsMarch 13th, 2012 - 9:57 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, March 13 (IANS) Outgoing Uttar Pradesh chief minister Mayawati’s wealth has gone up by Rs.23.64 crore in the past two years, an affidavit submitted by her while filing her nomination papers for the Rajya Sabha reveals.
In the affidavit, Mayawati informed the vidhan sabha secretariat that she is owner of movable and immovable assets of Rs.111.64 crore. Her immovable assets include a home worth Rs.62 crore in New Delhi’s Sardar Patel Marg near the Uttar Pradesh Bhawan; two shops in Delhi’s prime address, Connaught Place, and a Rs.15 crore residence in Lucknow.
The wealth also includes expensive silverware, jewellery and several carats of diamonds.
As per her own admission, she has ornaments ‘gifted’ to her worth Rs.96 lakh. The incumbent chief minister, who lost badly to arch rivals the Samajwadi party (SP) in the recently concluded assembly polls, has never been dismissive about her love for gold and diamonds.
On many occasions in the past, including her lavish birthday parties, she has flaunted her diamond jewellery, inviting criticism from opponents. What has however surprised many this time round is the fact that the Dalit leader has added Rs.23.64 crore to her wealth in just two years.
In 2010, when she filed her nomination as a Vidhan Parishad candidate she had declared a wealth of Rs.88 crore. In 2007, this wealth was Rs.52.27 crore.
- Karunanidhi, wives declare Rs.43 crore assets; Jayalalithaa's are Rs.64 crore - Mar 24, 2011
- Not bought assets after becoming chief minister: Jayalalithaa - Sep 05, 2011
- Vijayakant files nomination, owns asset worth Rs.19.88 crore - Mar 24, 2011
- TDP's Ramesh to join Andhra rich MPs list - Mar 20, 2012
- Trinamool's Amit Mitra, wife worth Rs.7 crore - Apr 07, 2011
- Stalin files nomination, owns assets worth over Rs.1 crore - Mar 21, 2011
- Indian ministers grow richer with average assets of Rs.10 crore - Sep 15, 2011
- Rich politician Jagan has Rs.365 crore assets - Apr 15, 2011
- Tamil Nadu Congress chief, wife file nominations for same seat - Mar 28, 2011
- Mayawati is officially worth Rs.88 crore - May 26, 2010
- Congress questions massive increase in Jagan's assets - Apr 16, 2011
- President declares assets worth Rs.2.5 crore - Jul 25, 2011
- Mayawati is worth Rs.88 crore -- officially (Lead) - May 26, 2010
- Pranab's son, daughter-in-law own assets worth Rs.5 crore - Apr 06, 2011
- Buddhadeb has no house, vehicle, just Rs.5,000 cash - Apr 05, 2011
Tags: affidavit, arch rivals, assembly polls, birthday parties, carats, chief minister, connaught place, crore, diamond jewellery, gold and diamonds, marg, New Delhi, nomination papers, opponents, rajya sabha, Samajwadi Party, sardar patel, secretariat, vidhan sabha, worth rs